Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankshaft bearings - MC21

Hi All,
    Discovered when the MC21 was being pulled apart that if this was actually running, it must have been barely running as the bearings are pretty average. So started the hunt for bearings locally but they, as those in the know are aware, are a strange size.
    I emailed a few of the Koyo bearing distributors and while waiting to hear back, found a company called Aoki Racing that does a lot of parts for road and motocross bikes, including the bearings I need.

All up for the 2 end bearings, centre bearing and airfreight, $220AUD.

Just wondering, if this is a good price or is there a better source for said bearings?

guesses the crankshaft seals are easier to source....
    faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

Yeah sounds about right mate
      2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
      2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
      2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
      2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Given the consequences of crank bearing failure, i'd be going for the best bearings rather than trying to shop based on price.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

them 2T crank seals are paramount!
          faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

thanks everyone. Buying them now

Comment

Originally posted by al.ramsay View Post
              thanks everyone. Buying them now
              sounds great

do you know if they are pinned

what about the rods - replacing them?

what would you do about the seals especially the center one

and may i ask who you will get to do your crank

Comment

You can get the bearings from Deet at rgv spares , there are no other options for the main bearings , koyo only .
                Big ends are same as crf150 . The centre seal is built into the bearing . The rods are normally good but there are some options now for them .

Comment

Hi All,
                  Well, went to order them and the warehouse was closed until Jan 6 so now waiting until next week before they will be sent.

EDIT; Now on second thought, I will try as per Neal's suggestion, RGV Spares as they have the lot available according to their site. That way I will get them quickly and even save a couple of bucks!

For reference, I will leave these pictures here...

Last edited by al.ramsay; 01-01-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

The look correct , you need the thin o ring for the centre bearing too . Are you replacing the big end bearings while the crank is split ?

Comment

Hi Neal,
                      I think I ordered them, but unsure now. I am replacing every bearing, seal, pin and gasket as I go as I don't want to have to do it again soon because I didn't change a $20 part, or in some cases $2 or $3.

Edit; Going back over my order sheet, doesn't look like I did. I will have to go locate the Honda part numbers and order them. Have to order a rebuild kit for my NC30 petcock anyay

Comment

I could be very wrong but I guess any bearing shop could supply the thin o ring , possibly a viton o ring ?

Comment

Neal, I went with your suggestion and talked with Deet. He supplys that O-ring with the kit so now just have to sit and wait for them to arrive. Its only th conrod big ends I don't have, but can probably source them local being they are standard wiseco parts.

Comment

25x32x15.8mm but I don't have the part no. Any longer

Comment

No worries, I have the Wiseco number (B1059 - 25x32x16mm) but hope to do some research and turn up the Honda part number. They are the same as the CRF150?

Comment

Working...
                              X