Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get Aluminium Radiator Repaired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get Aluminium Radiator Repaired?

Hi Guys,

I have a 1999 Honda CRM250 and one of the radiators seems to be weeping out of a seam. Nothing serious yet, but I can see a drop of green water occasionally.

Does anyone know of a good place in Perth I can get it tested and repaired? Unfortunately its pretty rare so I can't get a cheap radiator from ebay like you can for CR250s etc..

thanks

cheaper to buy a set of chinger rads off ebay (cr 250) and alter the hoses. They are a bit tricky for the average welder, unless you find someone who has a bit of experience welding radiators

Comment

I've had a general alloy fabricator relocate outlets on a China alloy radiator before with success.

Comment

Outlets are not so bad, closer to the core is where the trouble starts, as the tubes for the core and the end plates are dip soldered on. The solder can melt and you only find out after it's filled and pressurised. The end tanks on chinger rads are welded on and usualy thicker than OEM cores and able to handle a bit more heat. Try and find a welded together OEM rad. That said each year the chinger rads get better and better

Comment

thanks guys. I have purchased a, how you say, 'chinger' unit for a 2005 CR250. The pipes and mounting holes all look more or less in the right spots so hopefully I can make it work

Comment

Have you looked in to repairing the radiator with one of those epoxy repair kits?
            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
              Have you looked in to repairing the radiator with one of those epoxy repair kits?
              Well if the hole was somewhere accessible that would be an option. The thing is, I pressure tested it last night and it holds air up to about 20psi at which point it leaks thru the radiator cap. I'm thinking my rad was good all along and the green on the seam was from a hose connection that wasn't tight :|

Comment

D'oh. Had the same thing on my RS250 - Samco well and truly understate the tightening torque for their hose clamps.
                Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Have you tried Victoria Park Radiator Service? There is also AAA Radiator Service in Milford St East Vic Park

Comment

g'day n8balls , I have a rad I got when ordering a rz 350 rad , they sent the completely wrong one I think its for a crm 250 , pm me your mobile and ill send you some pics if it fits you can have for a small amount of beer tokens

Comment

thanks Weed but it turns out that my radiator is good. It was the radiator inspection guy (me) that was no good

Luzi - I'll PM you for pics, cheers

Comment

Pics of the CRM250 too please.
                        "Redlines are merely suggestions"
                        "Stroked is fun, but I'ld rather get blown"

Comment

CRM pics too please

Comment

when I bought it last year

more recently

Comment

Working...