is this 2 stroke forum dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this 2 stroke forum dead

ive notice that not a lot of posts lately in this section and so has the trend moved to face book or people have moved to other interests

Probably not as many road going 2 strokes any more. For me it's all off road 2 stroke.

Comment

dying bread.....?
      Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
      remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
      Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
      Who died while defending his right of way;
      He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
      But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

It's not just the 2-stroke section. The whole forum is a shadow of it's former self - Google 'motorbike forum' and PSB is nowhere near the top now.
        Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
          dying bread.....?
          When it's no longer any good for sandwiches?

You could always toast it.
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

dying bread.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
              Ok OK

Wrong..Monday...need to get my brain workin'
              dyeing breed

Comment

Just because 2 strokes are still getting built and to prove that someone is still developing them:

These guys just bought back auto lubrication (no premix!) - only they made the system so that it is controlled independantly of rpm and at certain amounts depending on the engines performance. resulting in significantly reduced emissions and still has decent piston longevity (relative to the other 300 two stroke racing machines)

Comment

dyeing breed
                  You are still failing...

Comment

Don't get me wrong I love a two stroke, but probably not as much for the road these days. On the dirt though, awww yer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                      You are still failing...
                      my brain doesn't work any more

Just tried to ring supplier and I was ringing myself... Serious short circuit somewhere

Fuck i was correct first time Rich... you made me second guess myself

Comment

My 2 road smokers are getting closer to being on the road, but it's a slow progress
                        Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                        One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                        . .

Comment

Mine is broken and funds required for other stuff at the moment...
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                            Just because 2 strokes are still getting built and to prove that someone is still developing them:

These guys just bought back auto lubrication (no premix!) - only they made the system so that it is controlled independantly of rpm and at certain amounts depending on the engines performance. resulting in significantly reduced emissions and still has decent piston longevity (relative to the other 300 two stroke racing machines)
                            Yamaha are still building the YZ smokers, and have just announced the return of Enduro smokers. KTM, Gas Gas... still building, just not enough developing!

Of course it is awesome to see Beta producing electronically controlled oil injection!!
                            Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                            One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                            . .

Comment

Yep that was the bit I was highlighting - not just buildign but developing the engines too! Apparently Sherco are also developing a similar system, that plus fuel injection = 2 stroke comeback! (esp if they can get it past the California EPA regs etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X