licensing an imported two stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licensing an imported two stroke

Since posting an ad for wanted- aprilia rs250 I have been pointed in a few different directions but an interesting idea proposed by Loud was an imported one from Japan.

Has anyone done the importing/registering of a two stroke import to give me an idea of the difficulties involved?

Cheers
    Jeff

I know it's been said before but I'd be speaking to Ric at motomax, this is what they do.
    I have chatted to him about this sort of thing and he was quite open about it.
    I am not sure how you will go getting an rs250 in other than as a personal import, both the mk1 or mk2 and were manufactured after 89 so don't meet the old 15 year rule.

Comment

thats how i understand it unless its pre 89 or you are bringing it with you having owned it for more than 12 months ( ?? ) when you move to Australia you just cant import and road register it. i think if you wanted to import it and race it thats ok.
      I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

From the conversation I had with Ric regarding a Vj23 rgv250, it's possible, but there are additional costs involved.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffogecko View Post
          Since posting an ad for wanted- aprilia rs250 I have been pointed in a few different directions but an interesting idea proposed by Loud was an imported one from Japan.

Has anyone done the importing/registering of a two stroke import to give me an idea of the difficulties involved?

Cheers
          Jeff
          what price you got in mind and what model
          i would of thought jdm bikes are restricted

i know someone just bought one for a k so there out there

Comment

The bike I saw was 2002(I think) and around $6000US including shipping. That's just an example. I'm sure there r others out there.

Comment

If you want to register it then a permit has to be approved before you import it
              If it just turns up it will be parts or off road only
              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Well go onto Facebook and look up Aprilia RS 250 club. Join it as there was a 03 Aprilia RS 250 with about 8k's on the clock and they where asking 6800US which is about 9300AUD which includes shipping. Or look up Naomi miyabeeplus on Facebook as I have brought parts for my rs250 from her and she normally gets Aprilia rs250's plus I think she has a NSR250 and TRZ250 also

Comment

Hi Pesty,
                  That's the one I was talking about. Just want to know whats involved in WA once it gets here.

Comment

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ashmo...rop/1089510396
                    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed
                    So it seems there IS a command file code in windows/microsoft updater that pings small lines of to-fro data.. like a cookie to allow/refresh 'critical updates'
                    It also serves as a portal for clever code writers to embed 'dormant till pinged'.....ransomware...I love tech....amidointhisrite..?

Fess up who hacked GSX's account? This post was perfectly readable in every way

Comment

Originally posted by jeffogecko View Post
                      Hi Pesty,
                      That's the one I was talking about. Just want to know whats involved in WA once it gets here.
                      https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads/motor/sevs/

http://raws.infrastructure.gov.au/
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Very hard to find a good Aprilia RS 250 but this one looks good

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe do what rgvlee did have a talk to Ric at motomax as he imports a lot of grey bikes he might be able to help u out maybe

Comment

Have already talked to Ric and will be paying him a visit soon. He's got my name down to check out the next RS to be plated

Comment

Just make sure it can be insured.
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Good to hear I take my Aprilia RS 250 to Ric to get serviced

Comment

Working...
                              X