Teething Issues - RS250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear.
    Sorry I haven't been following too closely... but what pipes are you running?
    The pilot diagnosis is nothing new (from my perspective). I had to jet down 2 sizes on the pilots and 1 on the mains to get my rgv250 running properly.
    On fat pilots it would just chugg on part throttle, like it was misfiring.
    I didn't have to touch the needle.

Comment

Great to hear they sorted out ur bike

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
        While it's there they're going to replace the new tyres with newer tyres.
        Explain how this helps the bikes engine run better
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

probably when actually road testing a bike that is a full fat race bike with a plate and realizing that the tyres are poop and holding it back.

good news mate!

Comment

Originally posted by rgvlee View Post
            Good to hear.
            Sorry I haven't been following too closely... but what pipes are you running?
            The pilot diagnosis is nothing new (from my perspective). I had to jet down 2 sizes on the pilots and 1 on the mains to get my rgv250 running properly.
            On fat pilots it would just chugg on part throttle, like it was misfiring.
            I didn't have to touch the needle.
            No worries mate, I see you've had your own dramas. Jim Lomas Stainless GP exhausts. I'm pretty sure it was just the one carb that they've altered. Now that they've got the two cylinders running the same (according to the EGT) I can use the Flo-Commander and Zeeltronic to fine tune the jetting.

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
            Explain how this helps the bikes engine run better
            I'm not sure what I've written to even hint at that being the case? If I was Maxo I'd draw a Venn Diagram with some very far-apart circles
            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
              I'm not sure what I've written to even hint at that being the case?
              Ha ha just being a bit facetious as the way you wrote it seemed to indicate as a part of fixing the bike the tyres were being changed when obviously tyres would have no effect on the running of the bike
              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
              Originally posted by Phildo
              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
              Originally posted by filbert
              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Interesting if the pilots are different per side.
                Stock they are the same.
                I'm running the same exhausts albeit with CR heads, CR valves, stock airbox, pipercross air filter and .9 squish. 22.5 pilot and 260/270 mains. Then I just use the flo commanders to compensate for atmospheric conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by rgvlee View Post
                  Interesting if the pilots are different per side.
                  Stock they are the same.
                  I'm running the same exhausts albeit with CR heads, CR valves, stock airbox, pipercross air filter and .9 squish. 22.5 pilot and 260/270 mains. Then I just use the flo commanders to compensate for atmospheric conditions.
                  Same-ish. TTW heads and Cougar valves, stock air box with Pipercross air filter, special head inserts by Lozza and previously standard jetting with the Flo Commanders. But also long rods and single ring Mito pistons.

I'll get more info on the jetting when I drop off the fairings for their road test tomorrow.
                  Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                  1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
                  X