No announcement yet.

1975 rd350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you applied to the DOT Engineering team for a modification permit? They used to operate out of Welshpool, pretty sure they still do. They'll tell you what you need to do next.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Get hold of a copy of the VSR for motorcycles, depending which month it was made in 1975 (eg before or after June) you may not need to meet noise or emissions restrictions from ADRs

Being pre 1988 the standards are much simpler
      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!!

I have filled out the application for modification and posted the required paperwork to the Welshpool office.

Hopefully I get a reply before the month is out so I don't have to start the whole process again.

Comment

They're pretty practical. So long as the rear sets aren't made of cheese and retain the same basic function (I.e. brake switch) they should pass easily enough.

The pipes... well I'm not well versed in the dB limits that apply to your year/bike. They'll likely tell you go get it dB tested before they pass it, at which time you try and pack the silencers out as best as possible for the test.
          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Hmm 75 RD350 didn't have a compliance plate in Australia just the frame number, should just need proof of ownership. I know the guy well that bought all my rd350 aircooled stuff so could sort you would a set of OEM pipes.
            There are two questions in life.
            1:Which way do I go
            2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Working...
            X