Rs 125 warning light at 8500rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs 125 warning light at 8500rpm

Hi everyone, riding the bike today and warning light appears when i get close to 9000rpm then disappears when i get off the throttle usually in 3rd 4th 5th & 6th Its Wierd cause it doesn't happen all time. Bikes a 2007 aprilia rs125 with tyga exhaust. Any help or knowledge about the issue would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's not a shift light is it ?
    Rest in Peace

Comment

No definitely not shift light. Bike not fitted with one.

Comment

Which warning light? And is there any noticeable change in the way the engine rides or sounds?

It'll probably be the temperature sender on the cylinder cover.
        Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Its the red light triangle with exclamation mark. Above Neutral light. No noticeable change in the bike performance.
          If it is the temp sender would it be an easy fix or is it something i should be worried about.

Comment

when was the aircleaner checked / serviced last? it may need cleaning or replacing
            K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

Ive purchased the bike a month ago the previous owner did a full rebuild 100kms ago and i added another 300 km since im assuming he serviced the air box aswell but ill double check.

Comment

Do u have a pic of ur bike

Comment

Hey pesty hows it going? I bought your mito couple years back. No pics at the moment.

Comment

Yeah I'm all good haven't been riding for some time now but hopefully soon u still got my ole cagiva or u sold it for another 125 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-2014 View Post
                      when was the aircleaner checked / serviced last? it may need cleaning or replacing
                      There is no warning light associated with the airbox. I'd be curious to know what bikes you know of that do have a sensor connected to the filter to indicate it needs replacing? I'd be even more curious to know how that works.

Check the temperature sensor. It attaches to the top of the cylinder head's water jacket. Possibly it needs crimping tighter to the sender.
                      Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                      1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                        There is no warning light associated with the airbox. I'd be curious to know what bikes you know of that do have a sensor connected to the filter to indicate it needs replacing? I'd be even more curious to know how that works.

Check the temperature sensor. It attaches to the top of the cylinder head's water jacket. Possibly it needs crimping tighter to the sender.
                        If an aircleaner is blocked it will restrict air flow this can cause the engine to run rich, the higher the revs the richer it runs this can then send an error message to the ECU causing the check engine light to come on, Some bikes have air temp or air pressure sensors in the airbox,
                        K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

Thanks fellas ill be sure to check out both parts. Fly out tomorrows so wont happen til next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-2014 View Post
                            If an aircleaner is blocked it will restrict air flow this can cause the engine to run rich, the higher the revs the richer it runs this can then send an error message to the ECU causing the check engine light to come on, Some bikes have air temp or air pressure sensors in the airbox,
                            Air temp sensors have nothing to do with blocked air cleaners. On the RS125 the air temp sensor runs to the CDI to indicate a cold ambient temperature, prompting the CDI to trigger the carburetor heater. On older carb cars it would activate the auto-choke (those that weren't triggered by bi-metal thermostats), on EFI gear it will enrichen the mixture.

Can you please name a bike that you've come across with an air pressure sensor in the air box, I'd be very interested to know which manufacturer has used this technology. It would be especially interesting to know how they set the warning light parameters for different markets, i.e. sea level versus higher altitude. Do you think a bike sold in mainland Europe would trigger a warning light ridden at sea level in Perth? And why would this technology not be used in all sports bikes that are looking for every hp available?

Originally posted by vann sp525 View Post
                            Thanks fellas ill be sure to check out both parts. Fly out tomorrows so wont happen til next week.

There's not much to check. ~8,000rpm is about where the power valve opens on the RS125, the increased vibrations will be rattling the connector on the temp gauge. Squeeze it with a pair of pliers and you should be done.
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Fixed the issue check the termination on the temp gauge it was quite loose. Re crimped it took it for a decent ride no more warning light. Thanks Loud.

Comment

Working...
                              X