Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vins motors new euro4 emissions 250 2banger road bike.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vins motors new euro4 emissions 250 2banger road bike.

    It's 95kg , 70 hp, With carbon fiber monocoque frame.
    Vins are also planning an R version with 288cc weighing 85kg with 85hp. They have parallelogram front suspension ( like the Britton V1000 ). A rear monoshock on a carbon fiber swingarm and carbon fiber wheel's.

    https://youtu.be/vXcxU_Mug2g

  • #2
    horizontally transverse mounted rear shock...CNC machining...Ti chambers..mmmmm

    Video lacks power wheelies!!

    Oh and rider ability...other than that it looks like a $20k USD bike.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah it will be pricey alright with all that CF It'll probably be 6 months or so before we see any test ride review video's on it. I would love to take one for a thrash.
      https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...c-7fd11bc9e9b0

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok ,i get that dueciquanta translates to 250
        But does carbon fiber monocoque frame translate to
        single drop written off frame?
        Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
          Ok ,i get that dueciquanta translates to 250
          But does carbon fiber monocoque frame translate to
          single drop written off frame?
          Good question. I suppose it depends on how hard the drop is. I have heard of alloy spare frames being bent by dropping onto frame sliders.

          Comment


          • #6
            As above..

            Write off is at assessors discretion

            " any two points of impact to suspension or main frame.... Can be cause to form a write off... "

            We need the assessment to catch up to the tech....

            Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk
            " Imagination is the seed of life..."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
              ..other than that it looks like a $20k USD bike.
              “It uses a lot of carbon fibre and billet aluminium, so it is quite expensive at €40,000 ($A 62,000, $US47,780) plus freight, duties and on-road costs.”

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                “It uses a lot of carbon fibre and billet aluminium, so it is quite expensive at €40,000 ($A 62,000, $US47,780) plus freight, duties and on-road costs.”
                Was that the bunky in the video..or the production version...?

                lucky to sell 100 units at that price. haa aha
                " Imagination is the seed of life..."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
                  Was that the bunky in the video..or the production version...?

                  lucky to sell 100 units at that price. haa aha

                  They have also built a track-only 85kg Duecinquanta Competizione version with a 288cc, 60kW engine, and a top speed of 240km/h.

                  It will cost €50,000 ($A77,000, $US59,720) .”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Let me get this straight 250cc efi euro 4 compliant 80bhp..?

                    So its a Parrallel twin with timing adjust and efi at about 8.2:1 compression..It's just a guess...do you have engine specs.?
                    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
                      Let me get this straight 250cc efi euro 4 compliant 80bhp..?

                      So its a Parrallel twin with timing adjust and efi at about 8.2:1 compression..It's just a guess...do you have engine specs.?
                      "There is no detailed technical information about emissions or lubrication of the electronically injected 90-degree V-twin engine."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                        "There is no detailed technical information about emissions or lubrication of the electronically injected 90-degree V-twin engine."
                        so it's based on a Suzuki RGV 250 with some porting and efi..CF and cnc..40k Euro..yeh nah.

                        Edit sorry Para... research o'clock for me...

                        Wait a minute... KTM do a 250 2 stroke SINGLE CYL TPI ( transfer port injected) dual injectors....mmm 49Hp @ 8500 rpm...offroad plans for a 104kg dirt bike....80-110:1 load balanced oil injection....115 kg street legal hooner...??
                        Last edited by GsxInShed; 04-01-2018, 10:09 PM.
                        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X