Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD350 upgrades and parts for sale

Hi,

I have recently acquired a 1973 RD350A from a mates shed - for nix!
    OK that's the good news,

After a bit of mucking around and trying to see what exactly I had I discovered that it had classic 'RD350 rot' a hole the size of a 20c coin in one piston (one hot plug - you fools!), so, a total strip-down followed (not too hard on these motors) new pistons were ordered and a big clean-up followed, crank bearings were a bit rough initially but after a few petrol baths things seem to have come quite good. small ends are looking good.

I have now deglazed the bores and cleaned-up the ports, (after rebuilding the bottom-end and checking that 6th gear was not blanked-off) restored the barrels and heads, fitted the pistons, barrels and heads.

I began panel and painting all the tank and panels etc as I was going to do a resto on it but thinking back to my youth when I had one of these I had a Honda 400/4 tank, a kwaka KH250 tail unit, a honda headlight, alloy rims, clip-ons and rear-sets, all-speed chambers, bell-mouths and a fibreglass front guard with the whole thing painted (by my mate) mirror-flake black.
    Hmm, things being what they are in my workshop I started looking around at what was available for some mods to the suspension and the electrics -found a complete USD front-end with wheel, twin-discs, 2 pot calipers (good start) found a matching rear wheel and box-section swinging arm (just needs shoe-horning in) next will be solid state electrics, led headlight/tail-light and then some styling.........

To the purists out there - Sorry, but this isn't about you - it's about me, it's also not about what it is worth restored - it's what it is worth to me in terms of fun.

If there is anyone alive out there who has any info or advice (or parts) about these 2-stroke air-cooled megga fun machines please let me know as I am chasing some fun again in my older age!
    I am definitely chasing a 2-stroke oil-pump if there are any about
    cranks
    Top-ends - always handy
    Expansion chambers - good ones - anyone?

cheers - Keith

You may find that there is some people with info/spares etc within the HCMC.

I know of at least one member who has a very soft spot for these bikes...their next race meeting is next month, due to track work being done at Collie, and it may be worth your while to have a drive, watch some racing and talk bikes with a couple of the riders.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Try Perth 2 strokes on Facebook.

Comment

Cheers, will-do

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I will have a look

Comment

Working...
        X