No announcement yet.

Tyre + Sizes: RGV250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting idea as there's arguements for and against. Hopefully I'll be able to to a bit of tyre testing next year and get a better idea.

Comment

^^ you had me wondering for a second there dion (i assumed i was running 110, was posting from work) - just checked, it is indeed a 110/70 on the front of my bike
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Bump,

Looking for thoughts on tires and sizes for RGV, any new suggestions in the last 10 years? Will only be doing street riding, so something that is suitable for the road is ideal. Slim to no chance of track riding.

Cheers.

Comment

I'm just amazed someone uses the words "running" and "RGV" in the same sentence.
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

I believe Bridgestone do S20, and maybe RS10/S21 in RGV sizes.

They're all great tyres.

Also... eek. had my RGV for 10 years now. It was working for at least half of that
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I believe that you could import a front rim of a GSXR400 GK76 (it is 3.5" wide) from Japan, so will fit a 120/70 Tire.

Something like this

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v515270433
              Rules are for the Obedience of Fools and the Guidance of Wise men. Douglas Bader.

Only two things are Infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.

Three can keep a Secret, if Two of them are Dead. Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                I believe Bridgestone do S20, and maybe RS10/S21 in RGV sizes.

They're all great tyres.

Also... eek. had my RGV for 10 years now. It was working for at least half of that
                Thanks man! Mine is "technically" currently working. Just needs a touch more love before it's safely ridable haha.

Comment

Working...
                X