YZ250 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YZ250 help

Hey guys I picked up a YZ250 the other day an 01 model.
    Took it out on Monday and it was fine but when i was riding today it kept stalling when I stopped and at one point the engine died and the back wheel just locked up (I didn't have my foot on the break) and i flew over the handle bars.
    Riding back from where that happened i couldn't keep the revs steady or it would stall.

Any idea what might of happened? I thought it might be the piston rings but i thought I'd ask and see what you guys think.

wots the plug look like mate?

Comment

Yeah it's them mate

Sorry i really should of looked abit better before heading for the internet but thanks

Comment

ride it harder
        Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

^^^WHS

wot fuel ratio you running?

Comment

What code sparkplug are you using??
            Alcohol preserves
            ANYTHING
            but Secrets

Comment

have you got a cat?
              If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

you cant putt about on a 2 stroke dirtbike u have to keep at high revs all the time or it will just foul the plug and die. And pushing a bike back thru the bush sux ass, i know i had to do it for 5km once with my old Rm250.
                I found riding a gear lower than what i thought it needed helped heaps, and goin down hills pull the clutch in and keep popping the throttle to keep the engine clear and flowing or when u go to open the throttle again it will tend to bog down and flood.
                B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

I raced and rode YZ's for years in enduros and M/X if you foul plugs even putting around you have other issues. In some enduros you putt around heaps just above idle and never foul a plug. You certainly don't need to rev them and blip the throttle to keep them going.

MM

Comment

yeh my RM wasnt tuned very well and used to run extremely rich so there was underlying problems despite how i rode it.

Hows the leg by the way marty?
                    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by MrMike View Post
                      yeh my RM wasnt tuned very well and used to run extremely rich so there was underlying problems despite how i rode it.

Hows the leg by the way marty?
                      Thanks for asking Its better I will be able to walk in 2 weeks and be back on the bike in December after I get the rod out. We will have to catch up for a ride if you like. I'm spewing did all the hard yards racing M/X on 40c days had one day of a wet track and this happened Thems the breaks

Marty

Comment

Good to hear its healing up, spewin u missed out on all this wet weather riding tho.
                        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Working...
                        X