Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cagiva Mito or Aprillia RS125 for a 80kg / 6 footer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cagiva Mito or Aprillia RS125 for a 80kg / 6 footer?

Hi Guys,

Been reading up a bit on the forum and now i think i'll put my first post up

I'm about to go for my L's in the coming weeks and obvoisuly am now looking at LAM's approved bikes.

I have my eyes set on a Cagiva Mito or Aprilia RS125 as i plan to slowly progress through sportsbikes over the years to come ... would either of these bikes be too small in size or capacity to carry me? I'm 6 foot tall and hover around 80kg.

Cheers

Mark.

Personally I think you will be a little too big for either of those bikes, I think the Aprilia is a little roomier from memory.

Only one way to find out though.

Comment

Waaaay too big.
      I'm your size and I looked like a monkey humping a cricket ball on one of them. Plus the suspension is made for riders aroud the 55-60kg mark so the handling suffers a bit from being overloaded.

You have so many good bikes to be able to choose from over east, why go with the smallest? there are some brilliant bikes approved for LAMS like the CB400 or SV650
      Originally posted by Desmo
      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

I'm 6'2" and 100 odd kilos.
        I loved every minute I spent on the Aprilia, it's a lovely bike.
        Not to say it's what I would choose if given the option though.

Comment

lolz you guys haven't ridden one lately have you...

The Mito is actually a pretty large bike for a 125 - I'm 6foot and 110kgs and fit on the Mito and have fun on it too. I think the RS is more goey out of the box, the Mito was about 15hp Aus delivered. That was the 08's not sure about hte '09 as none delivered to Perth yet - maybe not til next year even...
          Though the Evolution kit is available to knock it up near 30hp for ~$800 plus fitting.

But under LAMs... I'd be looking for a bigger bike than the 125.
          Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
          One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
          . .

Comment

*cough*SXV*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow78 View Post
              lolz you guys haven't ridden one lately have you...
              About a year ago... I'm sure it hasn't changed much since then.

It was fun.. just uncomfortable due to its size.

I was more comfortable on the RS.

Comment

Im 6 foot and 70 kgs, and I rode a mito for about 2 1/2 years as a daily. Its a loverly little bike and I enjoyed my time on it immensely.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the constructive and quick feedback… I have had my eyes on a CB400 also so I think I’ll go sit on a few bikes this weekend and see how they feel 

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Nath - nah they haven't...
                    Surprised you found the RS roomier though. Haven't had much experience with the RS to comment further though

Do you have heart set on the small cc 2 strokers? Cos you can get a 600 Monster on LAMs
                    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                    . .

Comment

Originally posted by qikshift View Post
                      Thanks for the constructive and quick feedback… I have had my eyes on a CB400 also so I think I’ll go sit on a few bikes this weekend and see how they feel
                      Its a hard time to make a sensible decision when fast, pretty bikes are calling your name however consider how long you are going to own it and what you are going to use it for.

Let us know how you go.

Comment

I guess there are a few thoughts in my mind at the moment (I’m sure most peeps going onto their L’s always ask the same questions lol)

-Buy something cheap to get you through the 1st year ie. CB250 or similar
                        -With LAMS in place in VIC buy something bigger which you may which to hold onto a bit longer than the typical 1 year stint.. ie. Ducati Monster 600, CB400 to name a few .
                        -Buy something like the mito which you may wish to hold when going to full license as a weekend track bike etc? (at some point down the track I would like to do this as I love tracking my car).

Decisions lol.

Comment

^^ if you've got LAMS there are plenty of motards open to you.

Don't rule them out, they're very quick point to point around town... (like desmo said, SXV, for example).
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I owned an RS125 for over 2 years. It was pried from my unconscious hands, smashed my testicles and sent me flying. Im still bitter about loosing that bike. Im around 6ft and 80kg. It fit me brilliantly. My opinion is heavily biased though. Only the RS for me. This is partly because the RS I had was from new (it was the 1st 06 sold in WA) and I serviced it myself. Sharp as a razor and held any corner. Pace up to its limit of 166 and I could do standing 1/4's in consistant 15.8's.

The Mito's I rode were old and felt rough, much as you would expect.

But yeah as others have said, LAMS gives you a shit load more options, dont be too narrow minded.
                            I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Agreed, giving that LAMS list a good going over this evening thanks again guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X