Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGV Newbie

Hi Ya,

I have just purchased an awesome Rgv 98.

I have a few questions, hope you can help me out.

My bike seems to blow a lot of smoke, i know that some smoke is expected, however how much is too much?

What should i look at to see if there is actually a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Noomster

come along and learn a little something..

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ke-day-87964/3

Comment

was that the one that was just listed at the start of the week? how much ya get it for. was going to go have a look at it =)

Comment

Not too sure how long it was advertised for but i got it for $3750

Comment

Originally posted by Noomster View Post
          Hi Ya,

I have just purchased an awesome Rgv 98.

I have a few questions, hope you can help me out.

My bike seems to blow a lot of smoke, i know that some smoke is expected, however how much is too much?

What should i look at to see if there is actually a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Noomster

They blow a lot more smoke when cold, if you're just looking at it idling in your garage, don't worry about it.

Take it out for a good flogging, and it will blow less. Still, expect it to smoke a fair bit when giving it a handful, its what they do.

Have heard that smoke can also be cause by a leaky gearbox seal somewhere, but i seriously wouldn't worry about it too much...
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your reply, funnii you should mention the gear box seal, cos as it is now at Ktec being stripped as the gears are stuffed.

Comment

Working...
            X