Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rz350 track bike

gday,
    after watching some youtube clips and browsing the two strokers section i decided i wanted a 2 stroke, in my friends shed was his dads old race bike, hasnt been started for over 10 years. which i have now bought and just waiting to get it dropped over my place, its a rz350 engine fitted into a suzuki frame, not sure which model yet but is a 1984. My mates dad did the conversion but hes away at the moment so i have lots of questions for him when he gets back.
    also after an air box for the carbs and probably lots more.....
    thoughts?
    Attached Files

Nice...

that will be fun...

Comment

top find ...that looks like an rg 250 frame and with an rz 350 motor will be a weapon....lookup yammagamma on youtube and google....enjoy ^_^

Comment

weapon was one of the words he used to describe it

Comment

looks like something that wasinst finsihed for good reason.. what does he want for the motor?
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

the bike was "finished" and has been raced, what he wants for the motor is to see it running again..... has compression so i'm hoping fresh plugs, fuel and a carby clean and she's a goer

Comment

You could very much be right, but after 10 years sitting, i would not hold much hope for the crank seals.

Comment

hmmm... 10 years I would suggest something has to give.

Seal kit is cheap and easy though.

Comment

added bragging rights if you fix it and get it running before nath gets 1 of his bikes completed

Comment

Gawd.. its not a race

Comment

Originally posted by jet88 View Post
                      the bike was "finished" and has been raced, what he wants for the motor is to see it running again..... has compression so i'm hoping fresh plugs, fuel and a carby clean and she's a goer

is it just me, or does the seat look umm

without rubber?
                      Originally posted by Bendito
                      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

that would be a shit load of fun.
                        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Does look fun, great find mate

Comment

Before you rip the crank out run it and buy some seal softner to add to the gearbox oil.
                            Good chance they will come good within a few heat cycles.

Comment

thanks Jamathi, what seal softener would you recommend?, i can only think of power steering stop leak. should have it at my house sunday arvo, will keep everyone updated and some more pictures, hopefully running this week

Comment

Working...
                              X