Why why why did i do it????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why why why did i do it????

G'day kids, I have just become the proud owner of a busted arse piece of shit RZ250, that over time should become a work of art. Does anyone have a set of fork seals floating around you are willing to part with, I would like to sort a couple of little issues out with it, get it registered then start aquring bits for a full on upgrade.

wtf indeed. u been smokin sumthin?

q
    bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
    -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

Nath is the guy to talk to, or maybe g0zer
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

pics
        Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by quattro750 View Post
          wtf indeed. u been smokin sumthin?

q
          No, actually gave up the smokes a couple of weeks ago, maybe this is just my way of getting a lung full of noxious fumes

Comment

Yeaaaa

Nice work.

Don't have a set of seals but i need some too, was going to order a set soon

Post pics.

What else needs fixing up ?

Comment

It this one For Sale 84/85 Yamaha RZ250 YPVS - Perth Street Bikes
              The pics dont really do it justice, its rougher than it looks
              Just to get it roadworthy it need speedo and tacho cable, fork seals, brake pads, should really do caliper pistons and seals, some electrical work, power valves not operating but have opened up the controller and found some dry joints, can operate the power valves through there so should be able to fix that, oh and the obligatory rusty leaking left hand corner of the fuel tank. That should be enough to get it going the the decision has to be made, do it up as a stock 350 so i can race it or go all out on it and just use it to go for a coffee on.

Comment

Yea.. bit of love it will be fine.

Welcome to help yourself to my spares, I'm sure there is a tacho cable and some decent pads. I should have a spare YPVS controller somewhere too if your is gone. Also got spare engine cases etc. etc... if you need.

I'll measure up the caliper seals and see if transeals can help.

Comment

rats i need to pay more attention to the forsale section- i would have bought that just for his tank mount rubbers :p

what are those chambers on the bike? they look a little rough
                  If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                    rats i need to pay more attention to the forsale section- i would have bought that just for his tank mount rubbers :p
                    Hahaha, they are one bit on it that are in pretty good nick, i better hide them

Thanks Nath, ill have to come round one day and see what you have and see what i need.

Comment

what are those chambers on the bike? they look a little rough

Answer your phone

Comment

Yeah i was wondering about the chambers myself, they dont look stock, was hoping one of you gurus would have some answers?

Comment

dont worry abut the dents and scrapes

just have them blasted and ceramic coated anyway

Comment

sounds like a one handed therapy build coming up

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

dont worry abut the dents and scrapes

just have them blasted and ceramic coated anyway
                              They might just end up replaced with microns or something along those lines

Originally posted by potato View Post
                              sounds like a one handed therapy build coming up
                              No no no, I have two working arms again now, well 1 and 5/8ths

Comment

Working...
                              X