rz250r choking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rz250r choking

ok so i have looked around for info and found stuff all, the problem is my bike acts like it choking when i start it and even if i can get her walm its the same its hard to get any revs out of her, cant figure out whats wrong only thing new is the throttle cables,
    Also does not sound the same like its firing on the right cylinder as often as the left side, plugs are new plenty of spark coil tested, good.

check compression :p
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

g0zer its a new engine only 2000ks on it, you still think compression?

Comment

umm shouldnt be compression

but its easy to check at the same time as you are messing with plugs, sometimes things go wrong after you have had motors apart :p

apart from compression:

are powervalves actuating together? pull both covers off and turn one side with a shifter to make sure both pots turn as one.

carbs balanced? zero position identical on both pots tuned with the idle screws? WOT position identical tuned with cables?

jetting wont have changed
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

i was thinking carbs balanced but as i have a hard time finding a manual i have no luck getting anywhere,

how do i tell zero position in both pots?? if you mean both are fully closed yes they are,

and can you tell me what the WOT means? on a limb here, wide open throttle??? lol

o PV's are fine

Comment

WOT =wide open throttle,

Comment

Originally posted by rz250r View Post

how do i tell zero position in both pots?? if you mean both are fully closed yes they are,

and can you tell me what the WOT means? on a limb here, wide open throttle??? lol

o PV's are fine

so the idle screw sets the closed throttle position of the slides- it should be exactly the same in each cylinder.

if you let the thottle close, you will easily hear the slides clunk on the stop. there should only be one clunk.

there are sight glasses for WOT, you adjust WOT using the cable adjusters.

Comment

5char

Comment

Working...
                X