RZ Power Valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RZ Power Valves

Do you have to remove the barrels to remove the power valves? if so can it be done by removing 1 only?

um there are two half moon's that hold the PV's together but both barrels have to come off as each pv split from the middle so one half comes out from the left the other from the right of each barrel,

if only one pv needs attending to then you only have to pull that barrel off but don't forget the half moons between the barrels that combined the PV's as one
    Last edited by rz250r; 16-08-2009, 06:51 PM.

Comment

So you are saying that I can't just remove 1 barrel???? with 1 barrel removed wouldn't the barrel still fitted be clear to get to both sides of it's PV? I trying to do them both without to much work.

Comment

sorry about that yeah you can just move one barrel off to get the PV's out

Comment

Thanks rz25r...I'm middle aged so I don't like doing more work then I have to. lol.

Comment

lol thats cool mate have fun..

Comment

sitting on the bike you take off the left hand barrel

Comment

Why the left one ritza? is it easier to do it that way. I have found out that the seals on the 2 opposing centre PV's shalfs are the problem.. Now where is nath?.... has he fitted the "o" ring and shaft seals without remooving the PV's? I can't see why it wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Left one has the pulley on it.

Nah, I haven't done it without removing the PV's, going to be a pain I would think.

Honestly, you'll probably frig around trying to shortcut and end up having to do it the hard way anyway, I would just do it the long way to start with.

Comment

you can just remove the servo unit and lock wire both sides full open all the time
                    Originally posted by Bendito
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                      you can just remove the servo unit and lock wire both sides full open all the time
                      Typical hack RZ owner ^_^

Comment

Not a lot of room there.. good luck though.

Might be enough gap to pop the o-rings off and on.

IMHO if your o-rings are shot you should check the castle seals also.. not to mention the condition of the bush. I'd want to be putting some form of lubricant on both also.

Comment

Originally posted by nath View Post
                          Typical hack RZ owner ^_^
                          he can always restore the PVs properly if and when he rebuilds the top end

imho no point ripping the barrel off just to fix the power valves.. especially if you are a noob who is likely to miss lining up the rings correctly or something else equally as catastrophic and dumb L:/
                          Originally posted by Bendito
                          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

[quote=crazymanr1;1545078]Why the left one ritza? is it easier to do it that way. I have found out that the seals on the 2 opposing centre PV's shalfs are the problem..

the long screw that joins the pv halves together !...the allen key head faces that side

Comment

Well nath and everone else it can be done without removing the power valves. Its a quick fix at the moment so the exhaust gases don't come out there when the bike is running. Looks shit smoke comming out of the front of the engine and not out the exhaust.Once I got the cross over clump off it was quite easy, lucky the previous own put hex bolts in there.
                              So whats next to fix on this bike?

Comment

Working...
                              X