oil which one ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil which one ??

what is the best two stroke oil to use ( engine and premix )
    Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day

Ohh dear, popcorn deckchair tread.
    Ohh well for what it is worth,.
    I use Bel-ray.
    But do not ask them for a sticker even for a bike that could be seen by a lot of people, cause they somehow cannot get you one!

Fuck me 3 mnds later and still no cigar!
    As if I am asking for $$ to stick the fuckers on!
    Even some very good people have been trying to get me one,
    (I have one already on one side but need one on the other side) and still no joy!
    Might start to use Castrol or whatever!!!
    What ever your choice; NO Silkoline!!
    Last edited by Jamathi; 29-08-2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I like the motul stuff, for pre-mixing either 510 (semi-synthetic) or 710 (full synthetic).

And I think I used the standard motul 80W-90 gearbox oil
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

rock oil fully semi synthetic or fully synthetic.. it has a dye that shows up on the spark plug as an indication of how much lubrication it's getting..

Comment

I might have one of those belray stickers in the shed, ill have a look in the morning Just looked, not one where i thought there was. Go to the next MCRC racecraft day, if belray still sponsor it, they give out a little bag to the novices, has a sticker in it im sure.
          Oh and oil, ive always used castrol TTS

Comment

Any good full synth will do the trick

if you are going premix, go castor oil for the gp smell.

Been using silkolene comp 2 plus for more years than I can remember

Comment

If you're going to use pre-mix at the track I'd suggest talking to Ric at motomax about buying belray H7 (I think that's the one, pre-mix only full synth race oil) in bulk. Will save you lots of money.

Otherwise as Lee said; motul, bel ray, silkolene, castrol etc all good.

Comment

Ric has got to be running castor, I could smell it as he went past our pit bay at round 4

smells good!

Comment

He was using bel ray last season. Maybe he adds a bit of castor? dunno. Same stuff I was going to get through him for the TZR. Just going to wait till I can buy the real deal now.

Comment

I just use castrol TTS - supercheap sell it, along with a heap of other places, so its easy to find
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

i was using silko pro comp2+
                      Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Working...
                      X