RGV Dry clutch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGV Dry clutch issue

when i release the clutch lever the clutch doesn't disengage until the lever is fully out, i have tried to adjust the the cable but it doesnt make it any better.
    i removed all the clutch plates and they don't seem to be to worn and are still about 3mm thick with all there groves intact,

anyone have any ideas before i put the clutch back together.
    Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day

doesnt sound like a problem to me. Thats how i like my lever to engage. remember there is 2 pionts of adjustment, at the lever (usally to adjust the free play) and where the lever enters the crancase (for the point of engagement). use both of them to find where you like it most,
    I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

I normally set the main adjustment at the case first, then finetune at the lever.
      PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Originally posted by druu View Post
        I normally set the main adjustment at the case first, then finetune at the lever.
        2nded. I've always thought the way to adjust was back the adjuster at the clipon off, tighten the one at the case end until theres 6-8mm of slack between the lever and the perch, and then take the rest out at the lever end.

Comment

the fiber plates have a shine on them would it help if i roughed them up a bit with sandpaper ?

Comment

yeah, but put the sandpaper on a bit of glass to ensure it's flat, doesn't hurt to do your steels either.
            Just don't over do it.
            Dry clutches have a tendancy to glaze due to the heat involved, is your clutch vented?

Comment

the clutch is vented.
              i will give them a rub back , now that i know it wont do any harm, thanks

Comment

clutch is sorted, powervales cleaned, new air filter , runs like a dream now.

Comment

Working...
                X