Honda Rs125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Rs125

Seeing the RS250 thread I noticed in the FX classifieds a neat rs125 for sale in WA and I have alot of want for one, Because this is an impulse buy and I already have an R1 which doubles as a trackbike (Do I need 2 trackbikes lol?) One thing I'm concerned about is resale and reliability/maintenance, Because when I need the money and have to start getting rid of toys I don't want to be stuck with a broken 125 that no one wants to buy. Does anyone on here have any experience with them? On the Plus side I could probably enter F2 which seems to not be as cutthroat as the other racing classes and would be a heap of fun which is what I'm really looking for.

Originally posted by kiknet View Post
    On the Plus side I could probably enter F2 which seems to not be as cutthroat as the other racing classes and would be a heap of fun which is what I'm really looking for.
    you'll still bang fairings tho ;-)

as for 125cc GP machine advice, check out the information at Fatbaq.com - Honda RS125 tuning 125GP racing GP125 - basically a site dedicated to the H*nda RS125 and 125GP racing in general

oh, and as for how much it will cost - a lot. welcome to the world of being poor because you enjoy your motorsports ;-) same goes for resale value. but don't cry too much. at least you won't pay the 20-something thousand aussie dollars the initial owners/sponsors forked out for it :-D
    Originally posted by Pkunk
    It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's ok to bring 2 bikes to trackdays and the like? Eg. Do a few sessions on one bike and then swap to another , along as they pass scrutineering should it be all good? I could probably fit an RS125 along the back seat haha

Comment

as long as they both pass scrutineering, there should be no issues. back in the day, guys would race 125, 250 and 350 events, usually on different bikes. you could probably race both in a single day too. you'll wind up losing a lot of weight if you're racing six or seven events in a day tho, eh?
        Originally posted by Pkunk
        It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

If you want a full on 2 stoke race bike I'd go a TZ250 or RS250. Most of us are too big for the 250s anyway let alone the 125s. Also I doubt there's be a huge difference in running costs, you'd be more likely to get your money back on a 250 and you can still enter F2.

You can enter different races on different bikes as long as they pass scrutineering etc. At trackdays etc I'm guessing they'll let you ride anything as long as you're not being a twat and it's in good nick.

Comment

Working...
          X