VJ 22 Powervalves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VJ 22 Powervalves?

Hi I just bought the below engine from Ebay UK. It has everything except the powervalves. Does anybody have a set of late model PV's for sale??

Cheers

Joe

Aprilia RS250/RS 250 Engine

For sale is the Engine from my Aprilia RS250. I bought the bike in April 2007, stripped it and went about rebuilding it to be better than new. I eventually ran out of motivation and now time to complete it.

This engine has been completley overhauled. As you can see it is spotless. The crank was replaced for a good used item as the old one had a loose centre bearing. Engine was built using Castrol TTS in the bearings, sealed with yamabond on the crankcases. New small end bearings, pistons and rings.

Oil pump cover replaced with carbon cover, also has a brand new lightweight renthal front sprocket fitted (new sprocket C clip used). Powervalves NOT fitted.

Engine built to the manual with all torque settings observed.

Check out TheTuningWorks. I think they sell Cougar Red valves which are cheaper and better than oem items.
    PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Yep I seen these ones and they are approx $800 which is the same as what I paid for the motor!
      I have a set from the engine I blew up with no damage however as they are old I would prefer a newer set.
      Anybody have a spare set for sale?

Comment

If they're still good, go for the billet powervalve centres. This will eliminate the common pv failure with the standard items. Roughly $100 for the set that you use with the stock valves. Best option since you valves aren't damaged.
        PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

hey druu did you get a new bike!

Comment

I have a similar problem, my old powervalves are worn, so I installed blanks and now have no power outside of powerband. I am considering putting powervalves back in because it is a bit of a handful for riding on the street. I am looking for the outer blades only, as the slots in them are worn, but don't want to spend a heap of cash on full powervalve setups (I have seen prices around $200 per powervalve), as the centres are still in good condition (I think they might be billet as they have solid pins in them).

Anyone know where I can get some decent powervalve outers from (new or secondhand), or anyone have a set that they want to get rid of?

P.S. Sorry for the bump, haven't had access to internet for a while.

Bernie says "think before you drive bribe"

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMc View Post
              Yep I seen these ones and they are approx $800 which is the same as what I paid for the motor!
              RGV powervalves are expensive, as you've discovered. If you're going to go to the hassle of getting new(er) ones, I'd seriously just save the extra and buy the cougar/other decent aftermarket replacements. I doubt you'll find any for sale "cheap" that are in any way more reliable than any other secondhand stock items...

If they save you dropping one set into your piston(s), they've paid for themselves easily - new/re-plated bore + piston + rings + gasket + bearings + fucking about wasting time = no brainer...

2c anyway...
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Is the engine still for sale?
                Good Condition?
                Do you know anything about the compression?

Comment

.. just thinking out loud here, would there be any real benefit in get a new set Cermaic or DLC coated; thinking of minimising wear & gunk build up.

I'd guess maybe if the bikes' a keeper.
                  .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

would ceramic or DLC coating on OEM pv's do away with the pin drop issue that can crop up tho? there is a guy in melbourne who does the pv center blades, not as expensive as cougar red valves - TEKUTARO.com てくたろう
                    Originally posted by Pkunk
                    It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

^^ whs.

the pin breaks (design flaw), dunno if ceramic coating will do much for that.

2c, just bite the bullet and get decent valves. if they fail, its expensive, before you even take the replacement valves to fix the broken ones into account - because they destroy so much of the rest of your motor...
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

don't think steve/tekutaro are making them anymore. TTW are though.

I have a set of late model valves that I will clean up and will put up for sale if they are still good. Been about a year since I looked at them when I replaced them with cougar valves.

Comment

Working...
                        X