Mitaka pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitaka pistons

Has anyone had any experience with Mitaka Pistons? I'm looking at new pistons for my RGV250 and these are pretty well priced.

I'd go OEM.
    Got a link for these Mitakas?

Comment

never heard anything good about them.

Comment

For the KR-1S, they are accepted as good quality. They are direct copies of OEM.

For the rgv, I am not sure.

Personally, I would buy OEM or the vertex single ring pistons. We are spoilt for choice with the rgv so might as well take advantage of it.

Comment

The other ones I was looking at where Pro X and Wiseco Piston, for what I read they're are good but the single ring Wiseco are better. any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
            I'd go OEM.
            Got a link for these Mitakas?
            eBay Australia Shop - dpsracingltd: Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha

Comment

keep in mind single ring won't last as long as a double ring piston. But they give better performance because of less friction. Depends what you want, increased performance or normal service intervals. You can't have both.

wiseco pistons I think are a bit shorter crown to gudgeon than stock, which will increase your squish distance. I also think they are forged, where as stock are cast, so you need to be careful warming them up. Same for any forged piston.

Comment

And it depends on the tune of your motor.
                No point putting a top dollar piston in a standard tune motor.

Comment

It's standard and I'm not planning on racing it, so I guess twin ring and standards are the go. I just what the thing running again so I can ride it.

Comment

Working...
                  X