crack in bore help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crack in bore help please

got barrels of and in one there is a crack it goes across the exhaust port and a small scare below it everything else looked ok is it common and can i get it fixed
    cheers
    Attached Files

Can probably get it fixed, getting them re plated isn't heaps cheaper than just getting a new barrel though... and a new barrel is definitely quicker.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

You can't repair the plating.

Looks like there is a decent groove along the bore below the port as well

That pinch on the exhaust bridge could not be in a worse position... highest temps of the cylinder.

I wouldn't run it.

Comment

Junk it.

How was it cause ? Overheat ? fix that problem too before it happens to your new one.

Comment

ah yes nath got the bike cheap had a few problems trying to get it to run properly power valves termostat spark had it going well have only riding a little was on site 4 a month wonted to ride the bike up to pick up pistons and stuff got down the road and the temp drop and had a couple of back fires and no power wish i had driven in the first place getting tired of it wish i had spent a bit more in the first place never had a prob with overheating thoe

Comment

engine rebuild is a rite of passage

you'd need to do it sooner or later, you're just doing it "sooner"
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
            X