Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my lil project finally finnished..love it or hate it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my lil project finally finnished..love it or hate it...

over the years i have built up lotsa parts most i sell but some i put aside for a lil project such as this...i was after a bike to replace my mito400 as my daily rider...

the bike started off as a 1979dt175 i had bought 2 one with a good top end and one with a good bottom end..i build it and rode it around the bush untill it died,electrical fault...i pulled it out about 2 months ago..with some other parts and played around,
    first i had a set rg250 forks fully adjustable these fitted perfectly into a set of rz250 triple clamps which has the same stem as the dt175 if u can beleive it so it fitted right up to the frame i had a set of rz250 wheels with good near new tyres on them a few spacers and i had the wheels fitted to the front the rear was a bit more difficult i had to make a carrier for the brake caliper and i used a tzr gear selector torque are as a brake stay some more spacers and alot of patients and done. i also had to make brakets up to fit the loverly brembo calipers then i modified the rear brake to fit the an rz250 master cylinder perfect the front was matched up with a braided line and brembo master cylinder. i had a light and indicators laying around too and fitted them
    tzr foot pegs were mounted as was an after market chrome speedo all electrics were sorted and a new stator was bought to replace the failed unit .the frame was stripped and any un need lugs and such were carefully cut off i also shortened the rear of the frame to match the seat..wheels tripples and frame was then 2 pac by me.. tank also painted i left the few lil dents in it as im not too worried . the top end i got has a near new piston and a nice lil port job rz reed block and cage bigger carb wheelies no prob at all
    then was a matter of the chain and spockets rz250 runs a 520 chain but dt is much smaller so i ran a yz125 front spocket witch is the same shaft as the dt but 520 pitch ..perfect
    the original pipe was used i was going to put an under slung one but it cancels any use of the rear pillion pegs and ive already got one bike i cant double on..lol the end of the pipe was a modified pipe from a thumpstar to extent the stinger section and the muffler is one i made in a a batch i made a while ago fully sevicable cnc ends...all in all i think it looks great...
    its lighter stops awsome and is a very fun lil engine...hope u like any one made any similar stroker projects??
    forsale012.jpg picture by twinrock - Photobucket
    forsale013.jpg picture by twinrock - Photobucket
    forsale008.jpg picture by twinrock - Photobucket
    forsale011.jpg picture by twinrock - Photobucket
    forsale007.jpg picture by twinrock - Photobucket

love your work, clean and simple looking

that engine looks pretty cool with the huge cooling fins
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Love it.

Looks trick!
      c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Working...
      X