RGV 270cc Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGV 270cc Kit?

I need to get 2 new barrels and saw this WIseco 270cc kit thought it may be an upgrade oppurtunity
    Suzuki RGV250 RGV 250 Aprilia RS250 RS 250 270cc kit on eBay (end time 24-Oct-09 12:52:34 BST)

Anyone here had any experiences with wiseco? And would anyone advise against this for any reasons?

They vibrate like fuck.
    Very unbalanced.

Comment

Oh, and you'd need to re-jet, possibly new pipes.
      No offence, but this is a little outside of your scope.
      Just sell me the bike.

Comment

ah k was just wondering...nah.

Comment

Not going to sell it?

Comment

Not yet Id like to get it back togethor and actually ride it..

Comment

Oh well, good luck with that.
              The offer was there.

Comment

So the PM I sent you stating "Send the engine to me and I'll rebuild it for you" didn't kind of indicate I was willing to do it?
                And I give everyone shit, don't take it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                  I give everyone shit, don't take it personally.

^ Stick around long enough and you will find this out

Comment

i'll throw in my 2c. if you want to overbore the thing, may as well go for the 300cc kit - Rgv300 Easy Conversion - RGV250 Forums & D's space - Windows Live

probably a pretty technical conversion (just at first glance, doing your own port rubbings and all). i definitely wouldn't be up to it. that said tho, there's no harm in keeping it at 250cc
                    Originally posted by Pkunk
                    It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

also. if you got the dosh to spend, check out this place - Two stroke tuning try Stan Stephens Tuning

they do the 300cc conversion. major downside, they're based in England. unless you can send them your top end in a crate - RS250 and RGV Tuning try Stan Stephens Tuning

almost 800 pounds, which works out to be around 1500 aussie dollars, but that also includes their stage 3 tune and your barrels would effectively be brand new (fully replated, ports cleaned up, heads machined to take O-rings). is it worth it? i dunno. let the forum know what you think
                      Originally posted by Pkunk
                      It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

From what I've read, they're not worth it, as the powervalves, pipes, cdi, porting, etc, etc are all tuned for 250cc (along with balance problems, etc).

You also lose the characteristic top end kick that makes the rgv fun (has a much flatter less frenetic power delivery, apparently).

I'd save the money on rooting with bore/stroke and just build a tough/sorted 250 - comments echoed by one of the guys on the rgv.co.uk forums who has done a 300cc kit.
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yeah Im just gonna buy the original barrels! thanks for all the advice everyone! Shits so expensive lol!

Comment

Glad you decided on the simple route Kramer. It really is a good idea to get some understanding and experience with the bike before you go doing fancy engine mods.

Don't be disheartened by any negative comments, just do your research and take it slow. Measure twice cut once, as they say. Mistakes can be expensive.
                            Originally posted by Amac
                            suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Thanks
                              ATM just gathering parts then my grandads going to help me out with rebuilding it all, he's worked on plenty of engines in his time!

Comment

Working...
                              X