Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock32
    replied
    Noztec in Welshpool. I have had a vtwin crackshaft done and a V10 crankshaft done also.

Amazing work and pleasure to deal with. He will let you know if it is fixable straight off the bat.

Leave a comment:

• robbo85
    replied
    Try Harris Engines - they seem to be pretty well set up and flexible. Had a few things for a little thumper done there and was very happy with their service.
    + they have a tidy and clean workshop, that usually tells a lot about the workmanship!

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Keezilla View Post
    i am also chasing a crankshaft rebuild but on a 3 cylinder crank 40hp yamaha outboard 2 stroke. I have rang at least 20 people and everyone has said no. Anyone can help me give me a call 0474936636
    there are 2 problems with outboard crank rebuilds

1 : engineers usually have to make up a custom jig to press the cranks apart, a fair bit of time & expense involved so unless the workshop has one they wont be interested

2 : older outboards can be a nightmare sourcing parts as they are usually discontinued as a OEM item and after market can be hard to track down

good luck, have you tried the grumpy scottsman at Hamish engineering? he's not there all the time these days and doesn't answer the phone so you would have to drop in and have a chat

Leave a comment:

• Keezilla
    replied
    i am also chasing a crankshaft rebuild but on a 3 cylinder crank 40hp yamaha outboard 2 stroke. I have rang at least 20 people and everyone has said no. Anyone can help me give me a call 0474936636

Leave a comment:

• AlphaChild
    replied
    just following up what jamathi and nath said. i'll vouch for ray here it hit me around the 900 mark to get my engine set up properly (included a couple bearings and piston rings), but i have no doubt that the engine is working well because ray has done it properly. almost 300km on the track, and it hasnt missed a beat (well, not because of ray's work)

Leave a comment:

• Nath
    replied
    What Bert said or Gavin at GD engineering.

Leave a comment:

• Jamathi
    replied
    Ray Eason M/C engineering
    U2a 160 Beechborord Nrth.
    beechboro

Leave a comment:

• ricardo72
    started a topic need a crankshaft re build where to go

need a crankshaft re build where to go

hi there started my top end rebuild only to find both barrels had it got new barrels but i think i might as well get the crank done to ,wheres a good place to go and wots a good price to pay and is there anything else i should do well im in there
    cheers rich
Working...
X