McMWTK: Watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McMWTK: Watches

I'm in the market for a new watch after my Tissot died after 12 years. I've got around $500 to spend on a new one. The range available is pretty overwhelming so I thought I'd ask PSB.

I quite like the 2008 Motogp Tissot T-Race and it's motorcycle design cues, and carbon fibre;

The Casio Protrek series have some awesome features, if it can do as advertised it would be a great watch.

What watches are you wearing?
    Last edited by mcmurray; 12-03-2010, 07:44 PM.

I've got a tag heuer formula 1 red and black chronograph.
    absolutely love it.
    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Any pics drifter?

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
        Any pics drifter?
        this one

it is a year or so old now, so models have changed.
        also it was about $1500, so maybe too exxy for your price range.
        Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
        Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

My everyday watch is a seiko5 sports, pretty much the same as this, except my dial is blue:

Fully automatic, see-through glass back, self-winding, lasts about 3 days before running out. Keeps great time for a mechanical watch, maybe out by a couple of minutes per month. I've had it for 5 or 6 years, it's a bit scratched, but still working well.

They were designed in the 1960's as hard-wearing and robust watches for the working class in Asia, so prices are quite low. I think mine was about $90 ex-hong kong via eBay.

I also have a Citizen eco-drive which was left to me by my father. It's a bit more dressy, and only worn occasionally.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

My everyday watch is a Tissot. It was about a grand though for this model(titanium), but i love it, its taken a few knocks, drops etc, but looks good in various situations, has great build quality and extremely precise at timekeeping. I've got about 4 decent watches in the same price category, but by far this is my fav.
              Originally posted by TurboR1
              Herpes. Nature's sherbet.

Comment

That's a good price for a mechanical watch Barfridge. I really like the glass back on those.

remand - the cover came off my Tissot when i was swimming in Bali, completely screwed it, wasn't happy hey!

Comment

Originally posted by drifter View Post
                  this one

it is a year or so old now, so models have changed.
                  also it was about $1500, so maybe too exxy for your price range.
                  Is it just me or does this watch share the same expression as a blow up doll?
                  Originally posted by browncow
                  Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                    That's a good price for a mechanical watch Barfridge. I really like the glass back on those.

remand - the cover came off my Tissot when i was swimming in Bali, completely screwed it, wasn't happy hey!
                    Have you thought about writing an email to them? You wouldn't think they would want to get a reputation for selling shit. You never know the outcome.

A couple of those motogp editions look alright.
                    Originally posted by TurboR1
                    Herpes. Nature's sherbet.

Comment

They do sell a few models of them over here, prices usually start at about $250, so eBay is a good bet.

Plus, being both mechanical and cheap, it's not worth anybody's while to make fakes.

If money was no object, I would love one of these: https://www.iwc.com/index-en.asp
                      one of the Portuguese Tourbillon models would be quite nice

For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I love Tissot watches for the money.
                        My everyday watch.
                        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Nixon rotolog

Confuses the shit out of me every time I go to read it and pulls my arm hair out with the links, but i'm still fond of it.

Comment

I bought myself a citizen eco-drive watch a couple of years ago absolutely love it cost about $350 from ebay which was $200 cheaper than in store.

Why i like it, the eco drive system is great the battery is charged by light (natural or artificial) so the battery never has to be replaced meaning the water resistance stays perfect.

I do a lot of trekking through bush and manual lifting in my line of work so i needed something that could take a beating this model comes with sapphire glass which stops the watch face scratching works wonderfully to the metal band has scratches here and there but nothing at all on the face.

The model i have is discontinued but it looks similar to one of their other models

Originally posted by CBRsairz
                            assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

my old watch was a fake Tag Heuer Monaco (still going strong) $30 fake

Now my new watch is from Witcherymen, $250-ish - with several different coloured variants available as 'The District' from Nixon

Comment

Working...
                              X