THE voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE voice

Imma gonna let you finish .... but....Who would fellow PSBers consider the best musical voice of all time?

Whether it be the vocal range or the emotions their songs evoke, regardless of genre or stylings, list your faves and a video to a song that showcases their ability.

These two divas have amazing skill.

Kurt Neilson is pretty amazing too. Totally trumped Bono.

I think Steve Perry has good range.

Come on now, you knew which vid it was gonna be. Here's another:

Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Wow. that's what I'm talking about. That is an astounding range and such power!

Reminds me of Eric Adams from MANOWAR.

Comment

These ladies ^ are highly talented, and many professional singers have genuine difficulty matching them, but few come close to Linda Rondstadt, in my book, for a perfect signing talent. I still get chills sometimes listening to her albums. Some of the so-called divas today could learn a thing or two about occasional restraint and elegant understatement next time they belt out a tune.

The sound quality of the lives ones don't do her much justice, but you get an idea. (There's 3 - sorry but I couldn't settle on a favourite).

https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

K$SHA and William Hung.

I mean, Maynard James Keenan and Bruce Dickerson.
          Can you help with foster care?
          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Kate Bush for one, as Deb said, it is great when an artist sings with passion and talent, rather than trying to impress with every drawn out R&B style note... (she did have an 8 octave vocal range in her prime, but did not feel the need to show it every song)

Jeff Buckley (RIP) - Angelic voice, but with passion as well... (I actually cried when I heard of his death)

Elizabeth Frazer - whether with lyrics or just using her voice as an instrument...

and this guy (heard him live on JJJ doing this song solo, and a Tears for Fears cover) Amazing voice..... Hmmm thinking I am sounding a little girly girl here

Comment

Originally posted by uomouse View Post
              Please fuck off and die.
              Regards,
              Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                Bruce Dickerson
                I prefer his brother Deke.
                Originally posted by Melkor
                The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

I love Thom Yorke's voice. I think this song is the best example of it, and even when Radiohead play live he hits that note in the middle of the song perfectly. A true craftsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                    Please fuck off and die.
                    Regards,
                    Jim
                    +1 and too many zeros to count

Comment

Originally posted by Trashed View Post
                      I love Thom Yorke's voice. I think this song is the best example of it, and even when Radiohead play live he hits that note in the middle of the song perfectly. A true craftsman.

And yet he challenges and plays around with you the rest of the time! That is what I love. He is not trying to prove his talent, he is singing the song as he wants it heard - that is the artist..

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post
                        And yet he challenges and plays around with you the rest of the time! That is what I love. He is not trying to prove his talent, he is singing the song as he wants it heard - that is the artist..
                        A fellow believer

Comment

Not the best, but I am enjoying watching this school-kid develop;
                          Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                            Not the best, but I am enjoying watching this school-kid develop;
                            Really??
                            He's a little bit WAAPA isn't he?

Comment

I might have some respect for him if he chose something decent to sing.

Comment

Working...
                              X