Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWTK : What to use to clean your Murdercycle. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWTK : What to use to clean your Murdercycle. ?

Ok so i want to clean up my bike all good like, unfortunately my indicators have alittle bit of sun damage and armoural just doesnt cut it.

So my question is what products do you recommend to keep your pride and joy in tip top shape ?
    Any protips on grease removal , brake dust and all those bug guts ?

And before people get all search function on me. I did and now im pretty sure i know what i can use to wash my hands after im done cleaning my bike. ^_^

So fellow PSB people's please educate me on the care of my motorcycle.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

degreaser
    car wash
    liquid wax (painted plastics)
    CRC808 (for engine, calipers, headers, radiator, fork bottoms)
    armorall std (for unpainted plastics)
    armorall leather spray
    teflon dry lubricant (for fork rams and clickers, rear shock ram, preload and clickers and damper rams)
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

For wheels, chain an general greasy crap. Kero kicks arse

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
      Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

mr sheen for the plastics and paint

desolvit citrus oil spray for oily bits mostly because it doesn't irritate my hands like kero or degreaser, i can wipe it on with a cloth or even brush it with an old toothbrush.

i wash it with cheap dishwashing liquid because the car wash and wax type cleaners leave a nasty residue and waterspots, partly to do with my water supply but dishwashing liquid leaves it clean for waxing or a wipe down with mr sheen.

i like polyglaze, kitten or mothers polishes i use the polyglaze as a fine swirl remover on the black bikes and kitten cut and polish on my older bikes and mothers gives a good tough wax finish, then just wipe with mr sheen between washes which also keeps the dust from setting in.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

1. This does a fucking awesome job: Super Bike Cleaner (only limited quantities available)
          2. If you can't get hold of that, the other alternative I've found most effective and happy on the wallet:
          - Turps for the greasy bits; then
          - CT18(?) Truck Wash for all over wash; then
          - Home Brand furniture polish for plastics and pillion seat; and
          - Autosol for the shiny metal bits.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

awesome thanks everyone.

Does anyone know what is avaliable that can restore faded plastics aswell ?
            And is any standard sort of upholstery cleaner good for the seat ?

Or if anyone knows any decently priced motorcycle detailers in perth ?
            A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Plexus, Mr Sheen or Home Brand furniture polish (depending on your budget & willingness to pay for labels) will bring up plastics to an extent and are pretty decent on upholstery.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Mr Sheen doesnt have any UV filtering properties and will not protect painted surfaces from sun fade

polishes based on carnauba waxes will

also carnauba waxes create a protective film which protects the paint and clear coats from chemical attack by bird shit and bug splatter.
                If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

mr sheen is a good between wash detail/touch up or for stopping dust and bugs sticking to your bike, definitely use a good quality polish after washing, i always use the mothers carnauba wax as the final stage after polishing out swirls or cutting oxidised paint.
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                    Autosol for the shiny metal bits.
                    Yes Autosol makes the chrome look friggen awesome..
                    Just use a microfibre cloth or you'll get mini scratches everywhere!
                    Like someone decided to use a dishwashing sponge (the green and yellow things) to get his melted shoe sole off my exhaust, and i was NOT HAPPY seeing the scratches on it! Although i'm sure you probably know this
                    Grumpasaurus Rex ^_^

Comment

Old t-shirts are the bestest polishing cloths.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        i wash it with cheap dishwashing liquid because the car wash and wax type cleaners leave a nasty residue and waterspots

i like.. kitten
                        to avoid the waterspots or chamoising..

i use the kitten liquid polish and apply to the wet bike generously with a wet towel (immediately after the wash and wax)

while the liquid polish sets, i hose all metal with crc808 silicone spray- this prevents water spots or corrosion on fasteners ect, and the silicone residue repels grease and dirt once the volatiles have evap'd

then wipe the liquid polish and excess silicone off with a 2nd dry towel and its done, no spots and all metal surfaces incl. engine are both protected and left with a dark wet look from the silicone residue

Comment

T-cut wax and polish; get from automobile shops comes in various colours to suite what ever paint you have and does a great job of restoring colours and filling in fine scratches(temporarily). I use black on my tank where a club buckle I wore once scratched it up and it just disappears..
                          Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.

Comment

TWTK : What to use to clean your Murdercycle. ?
                            The blood of dead bebbiez? (or in Don's case, dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by Tic View Post
                              Or if anyone knows any decently priced motorcycle detailers in perth ?
                              I'd like to know this too... the only thing I could find was these guys: Motorcycle Detailing Services Perth, WA – Egy Wash

Anybody taken their bike there?

Also found this thread from a year ago: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...tailer-104638/... anyone know if this got off the ground?

Comment

Working...
                              X