Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RWTK: What is the single most amazing place you have ever been.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWTK: What is the single most amazing place you have ever been.

I have been thinking about this all morning trying to come up with my own answer. What one place has made you stop and think this is the most amazing view, beach, town, mountain, landscape I have ever seen.

Its a toughy, I dont really want to hear the Coldplay concert where Apples dad looked at me mid shit song, or when I proposed to my girlfriend at Sizzler.

So what marvel of nature made you just think whole gad damn moth balls that is the greatest thing I have ever seen. I know last year in Jasper I saw some amazing animals and landscapes and shit but narrowing it down to a specific place or event is quite hard.

Im going to keep thinking about mine, but hopefully some other can give me awesome holiday ideas.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Isle of Skye, north Scotland. (not my pic).

Isolated, barren, cold, almost alien landscape.
    Awe inspiring.
    Attached Files

Comment

i like this thread already! I can't think of one myself but I haven't really travelled yet! In my mind nothing compares to what I want to see and experience!
      Splling n grammaz rebel fo lyfe. Wotevs homoez.

Comment

Working on Cockatoo Island in the Buccaneer Archiapelago was a continuous postcard experience when you looked away from the mine and town

Looking back at the mainland (Cockatoo Island)

Fresh water creek (Cockatoo Island)
        but by far the most amazing interactive experience was surfing at a beach near Albany about five years ago, large surf, we had noticed the local dolphin pod hanging around out the back. I had just popped up from a wipeout with my board next to me with a fifteen foot face wave about to smash me with 15-20 huge ocean going dolphins surfing it coming straight at me. My friend was actually on the beach vomiting up seawater while this happened.

A mixture of fear, adrenalin and total awe followed by being in a large washing machine hoping their radar was working and my lungs held out.

It is a moment etched on my brain.
        Last edited by chew; 12-04-2011, 01:34 PM. Reason: Piccies!
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

snorkling in the mediterranean was breaktaking, as was surfacing on the nude beach.
          I do not mean to pry, but you don't, by any chance, happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Comment

Mitchell Falls (me pictured right, age 13).

In truth, it could be any and all of the Kimberley that I got to go through, Windjana Gorge is geologist nirvana (well, if prograding sedimentary geology gets your rocks off), the Bungle Bungles are pretty awesome, Tunnel Creek, Gibb River Road in general is fantastic, Geikie Gorge, Horizontal Waterfall, etc etc. List goes on and on.

It's super. Do it. Fuck Broome though, spend a couple of days there, sure, but beyond that it's a bit of a bogan wasteland.
            Originally posted by Ferris
            I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

mt kuziosco and karijini valley
              Last edited by Halo_2; 13-04-2011, 12:18 PM.
              "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Would I be lowering the tone of this thread is I said "There was this girl I knew once...."
                Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Originally posted by devolved View Post
                  Would I be lowering the tone of this thread is I said "There was this girl I knew once...."
                  Pics?
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Grand Canyon, USA. We arrived on a bus and watched the IMAX movie "grand canyon" and I remember thinking it was mildly impressive. Then we jumped back on the bus and drove to the rim of the actual canyon. All I remember thinking was "holy sh!t". I may have even stopped breathing for a moment. It is still the single most impressive place I have ever seen.

Comment

Wake and Kwajalein Islands...courtesy of the my time in the US Marines. These stand out far above many of the others I've been, with expection to watching the sun rise over Mt Fuji at 25,000ft standing at the back of a KC-130 Hercules. I don't think that counts as a 'place' though...not by the usual standards anyway.

Comment

Mt Agung Bali at day break.
                        Buggy tour through vilages and rice paddies Ubud
                        View from the balcony at Ubud accross rice fields to Monkey forrest
                        Sunset from Koh Samui Big Budda Beach
                        We are not held back by who we are but by who we think we are not !!

Comment

Tough one. Spectacle wise Takakkaw Falls in BC was awesome, as was balancing on the summit of Cascade mountain.

Bizarrely though, the maddest spectacle nature has shown me was...Canberra. Yep. Summit of Mt Ainsley, 360 degrees of sky on fire with the most incredible sunset I've ever seen. Parachilna SA came a close second with a desert sunset turning to one of those nights where you can stargaze the full milky way.

Must dig up some pics.
                          Holder of

Team KL 2011. Round 3 - the biggest yet

Comment

Jiuzhaigou Valley
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Veefore View Post
                              Grand Canyon, USA. We arrived on a bus and watched the IMAX movie "grand canyon" and I remember thinking it was mildly impressive. Then we jumped back on the bus and drove to the rim of the actual canyon. All I remember thinking was "holy sh!t". I may have even stopped breathing for a moment. It is still the single most impressive place I have ever seen.
                              Very fair call, how many times have you tried to explain just how big it is to someone else only to have them seem very ho-humm about it, no Picture or Video comapres to standing on the rim, you can stare into it for hours, and it takes you a fair while just to realise that the tiny bit at the bottom which is about 1/10th of its height is still bigger than the darling scarp.
                              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Working...
                              X