Would you pitch in to upgrade Barbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pitch in to upgrade Barbs?

Good people. Would you pitch in to get our long neglected and bickered about Barbs upgraded?

There's over 17,000 members on PSB. At, say, $50/head, that's potentially nearly a mill. At 5,000 'active' members that's still a decent starter fund. $50 is only a couple of tanks of fuel and a track sesh is $170, so would it be unreasonable to add donations to the investor capital mix to get all the half arsed govt/council efforts moving?

You know the track record of this state - compromised, half arsed deliverables (Bell Tower, Foreshore, 20 metres of light rail anyone?). As a nation of petrol heads, would you put your money where your mouth is?
    Fo shiz! Show me my new track biyatch!
    30.19%
    Bugger off. Govt should fund my hoonage.
    22.64%
    Mix n match - if I pay they should match it.
    47.17%
    Holder of

Team KL 2011. Round 3 - the biggest yet

I would so long as the money was spent to improve the track not wasted on the pits or grandstands.
    "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

I think a lot of people in the State would, trouble is I don't think it would go very far, sometimes they just don't want our help. Best to talk to the 'owners' to see if a 'Friends of Barbagello' could be established, to help get it up to scratch

Comment

Should just add $10 to the cost of every trackday / v8 ticket / hotlap and save the money towards the upgrades

Comment

what does the actual track need doing to it? i was there last weekend and while the bitumen might be a little rough it seems ok to a noob like me?

Comment

An extension with maybe 1 or 2 more left turns

Comment

Originally posted by V4moose View Post
              what does the actual track need doing to it? i was there last weekend and while the bitumen might be a little rough it seems ok to a noob like me?
              Just compare Barbagello with its 3 right turns and 1 left turn to any decent circuit anywhere in the world and ask yourself the question again.

Rather than be flamed for comparing Barbagello to any of the current world-class MotoGP circuits here is Barbagello a compared to a race circuit in Africa.

Barbagello
              Length1.760 km

Kyalami
              4.261km
              "Live Long and Prosper"

Comment

I subscribe to the saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it's broken really badly, don't fix it either." I think Barbs is broken really badly, and the images that Spock has posted demonstrates that - to me, at least. I think we need a new, properly designed track somewhere.
                "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope, if a certain named patron/sponsor (not the owners) of the track decided it should live up to and represent his lifestyle/business interests, then said person could easily afford to pay for upgrades etc etc. IMHO neither me nor the govt should pay for it. WAscc should do more to promote the track and the events, get the turnstiles ticking over, get more people out there, will pay for itself soon enough
                  I have heard of Sane women, but I have also heard of unicorns!!!

Comment

I've seen the planned future track, It's a bit better. Still not fantastic though.
                    Originally posted by Desmogod
                    Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

I have heard the lease runs out in 9 or so years, can't see a pantload of money being spent on something thats probly going to end up being residential.

Comment

I wouldnt just hand over money but I would be happy to invest. If they wanted to raise money by getting shareholders who either get a share of any proffits (does it make any) or by getting discounts on entry and track use.
                        Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Nickerz View Post
                          Good people. Would you pitch in to get our long neglected and bickered about Barbs upgraded?

As a nation of petrol heads, would you put your money where your mouth is?
                          Nope.

Don't use, have little inclination to do so, can't afford it, etc etc.
                          Originally posted by Ferris
                          I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Seriously, the track needs to be bigger. The Kyalami track is damn good but it has some serious elevation changes which keeps things interesting (I think they call it the "mine shaft"). Would this be practical/affordable/necessary to make an interesting track at Barbs? Surely with 54% of Australia's GDP being produced in this state the government could afford to tip in some $$? Why not? You were happy to throw $$ into the Redbull airrace (although admitedly probably not as much)

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
                              Surely with 54% of Australia's GDP being produced in this state the government could afford to tip in some $$?
                              Damn right, everyone keeps saying how well off we are here with all the mining revenue. It's shameful that no money is being spent on infrastructure while we can afford it. If not now, then when?
                              "Live Long and Prosper"

Comment

Working...
                              X