SCWTK - Which sound card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCWTK - Which sound card.

Hi Folks I need a new sound card that can do 5.1 output.

Now I know that you are going to say that almost all of them do it.

The last two I have purchased (Sounds Blaster Audigy & C Media CM8768) have had 7.1 output, but only through the separate analog plugs FL, FR, Centre/SUB etc.

They only output 2 Channel through the Optical Out.

What I need is a soundcard that will output 5.1 through the optical.

Any ideas?
    You put the c*nt in country run

Try the following link :

PC Case Gear Sound Cards

Not only do they have Creative but also have the new ASUS Xonar stuff but also Auzentech, from memory the Auzentech's have 2 maybe 3 cards that can do it but they are 7.1 (read it here : Tom's Hardware: Hardware News, Tests and Reviews), another option could be a newer motherboard, some have it native now, although again not certain which ones, have a look at the various manufacturers websites.
    DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

The Asus Xonars do optical 5.1, but have poor support for automatic front panel jack detection in Win7.
      '====
      //`
      -Magilla
      They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
      Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

I've got a 7.1 with optical in my htpc. Will check specs tomorrow for you.

Comment

Working...
        X