Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L89WTK: Torture? your thoughts?

hey all...
    just reading this article on ABC.about water boarding...

"CIA director Leon Panetta has spoken for the first time about the operation that killed Osama bin Laden, confirming some of the intelligence leading up to it came from detainees who had been water boarded. "

just wandering, what are your thoughts on torture? according to the CIA, this helped in the capture of osama, and death..

do you think torture should be used in order to find out valuable information? in this case the death of Bin laden?

full article here: (interesting reading)
    Waterboarding helped find bin Laden: CIA chief - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    "Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever "

I think they're water boarding the shit out of Osama at the moment.

Yes it is wrong. Yes they find out information. Pff

Comment

I believe there is a time and place, depending on the information wanted i guess.

I guess though it isnt all fun like on Myth busters
      YouTube - Mythbusters: Water Torture

Comment

Its's war. It's not meant to be fucking nice.

Comment

Whats the point of the Geneva convention then? Hey its war...why not use chemical and biological weapons too then?

Comment

I'd say that the vast majority of terrorists don't abide by the geneva convention, nor are they uniformed combatants.

Therefore the rules don't apply.

Comment

Chemical and biological weapons effect many. Torturing one person to gain critical information you know they are witholding is a different kettle of fish all together.

Comment

Fine with it if the person is a right c**t... and deserves it - Regardless of whether they have any useful information on them. Should be done to Pedo's IMO... Prison is too good for them.

Comment

in this matter of bin laden, wouldn't have battered an eye lid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                    Its's war. It's not meant to be fucking nice.
                    ^^ Agreed

Dubs

Comment

thanks dubs,
                      i think that theirs nothing wrong with it, as they all put themselves in the position of knowing and using the information...
                      i agree with others on that they break laws on pow rulings so why cant we?
                      "Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever "

Comment

I guess someone has to be the lefto, pinko here but IMO there is never any justification for torture.
                        And it quite saddens me to find yet again that the USA thinks it has the right to go above the Geneva convention and do what ever it pleases.

So what if that torture led to the death of Bin Laden. If you think the death of that one person will end terrorism you're naive.

Comment

Originally posted by lobes89 View Post
                          thanks dubs,
                          i think that theirs nothing wrong with it, as they all put themselves in the position of knowing and using the information...
                          i agree with others on that they break laws on pow rulings so why cant we?
                          You state that they all put themselves out there, however i dont totally agree with that. Not every country allows you to make the choice as to whether you join the forces like we have in Australia. So therefore, some of those people out there would not be putting themselves in that position. They are forced in to it.

Do the taliban actually allow people to make that choice?

Ahh heck, what does it matter, apparently all is fair in love and war

Comment

Watch unthinkable

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                            Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

yet again that the USA thinks it has the right to go above the Geneva convention and do what ever it pleases.

Only the Americans that go above the Geneva Convention? How many beheadings do you think have been filmed over there?

Comment

Working...
                              X