Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWTK: Fountain Pens!

Hello PSB,
    I wanted to know if any of you own a Fountain Pen?
    Or have always wanted one?
    I have two fountain pens- they are my babies! I love them to bits
    I've always wanted to know if many people own them or have always wanted one. I've got a few people into them and they love them.
    any of your Tips/Tricks/best brands etc would be great to know as well.
    Cheers,
    Twigs.

No, but I have an angle grinder I am pretty attached to.
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
      No, but I have an angle grinder I am pretty attached to.
      Can I borrow it? Mines in storage and there's something I really need to do.....
      Chaos-incarnate
      Last edited by Chaos-incarnate; 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM. Reason: Typo
      Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos-incarnate View Post
        Can I borrow it? Mines in storage and there's something I really to do.....
        Thats a cause worth donating to.

Comment

I agree, fountain pens are cool, mine a very old and pretty crap.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
            I agree, fountain pens are cool, mine a very old and pretty crap.
            Yay something to do with my thread!
            Thanks. What type of Fountain pen is it?
            I have a Sheaffer and a Lamy. Both Beautiful... My favourite is my Sheaffer- which was stolen, damaged- but recovered again- Yay! My dad and I had to repair it and it's kind of all better now

Comment

Yeah got a couple of mont blanc, sheaffer and parker i think. Pretty much the only things I write with on paper. You'll always know if I've written something on any given day because I'll have fucking ink stains from arsehole to breakfast. Still enjoy writing with them though. Messy, dirty, fiddly fucking things. A lot like 2-strokes. Love them too.
              Last edited by Ferris; 12-05-2011, 09:19 PM.
              Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                Yeah got a couple of mont blanc, shaeffer and parker i think. Pretty much the only things I write with on paper. You'll always know if I've written something on any given day because I'll have fucking ink stains from arsehole to breakfast. Still enjoy writing with them though. Messy, dirty, fiddly fucking things. A lot like 2-strokes. Love them too.
                I can't use ball point pens now...they are so hard and awful to write with!
                I always end up with ink on my fingers from bottle feeding the pen, or changing the flow.... I sometimes get it on my pages... which is annoying!
                They are messy- but they write so well!

Comment

I have one somewhere that had the bladder inside that you squeeze and then it sucks up the ink. I reckon the rubber will have turned into Bakelite by now. Its probably in the drawer with my flat blade razor that I don't use either.
                  -

Comment

I wish I could use one, but being left handed I smudge the page
                    Originally posted by redfern
                    It growls like a horny fat chick, screams like a drunk college floozey on a slingshot at spring break, and handles like mountain goat interbred with a gecko.

Comment

Now that the pleasantries are aside, let me be the first to congratulate you on having the temerity to make a thread on fountain pens, of all things, on a motorbike forum.

Hurry up, grow up, get your arse to a gp, cure your arthritis, get your bike license, and start talking about less inane things, and more about how orsm motorbikes are.
                      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Wow! They are the older ones aren't they. I have one that twists, so it sucks the ink up using a plunger like thingy... they are newer ones- My Sheaffer pen is nickel plated or something like that and worth about 140 dollars, and my Lamy was 70- it's plastic and not as "precious" as the Sheaffer, so if someone nicks it- It won't be an overly massive deal. Both great pens though.
                        I use Parker Quink and have to admit- I prefer Lamy ink for it's quick drying. However- it becomes invisible with highlighters. Where as the Parker ink doesn't as much.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LK0 View Post
                          I wish I could use one, but being left handed I smudge the page
                          My dad's left handed and has a fountain pen. They make them Left Handed now. Lamy do a really nice one called a "Safari" and using the Lamy Ink- it doesn't smudge. T Sharp and Co's in Perth stocks everything you need and lets you test out the pens. They are on Hay Street.

Comment

Lol, the handicap to using a fountain pen left handed lies not in the pen itself, but the fact that people write from left to right. Lefties will pass their hand over their writing, and the still wet ink.

It's got nothing to do with pens. Plus, you can always grind a nib to suit if you like a little more calligraphy to your writing.
                            Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by twigstarox View Post
                              My dad's left handed and has a fountain pen. They make them Left Handed now..
                              How do they get the pen to write right to left?

Edit; beaten

Comment

Working...
                              X