This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWTK: Why would a guy...

So, there's this situation. For once, I'm actually short of ideas and am hoping that the (predominantly male) psb collective might be able to help me out, in terms of offering some male perspective.

Here's the deal.

Guy meets girl on a forum, exchanges banter with her by PM and then suggests that they add each other to Facebook. He proceeds to communicate with her via Facebook chat, which leads to an exchange of digits and follows with regular texting. Not long after, guy accepts a late night drunk dial from girl and enjoys a phone conversation with her until her mobile battery runs out (4hrs~, for the record's sake).
    Following this, guy both initiates and accepts regular, lengthy phone conversations with girl. He rolls with this for a few weeks before inviting her out to dinner, upon which she accepts... then appears to enjoy a meal with her, before asking if she would like to continue with the evening back at his place. Needless to say, he appears to enjoy the events of the later evening and following morning, also.
    After some breakfast and a chat over coffee, guy sees girl out and asks her to "text me".

From this moment on, guy makes himself extraordinarily scarce and ignores her attempts to contact him over the following week or two. Upon her expressing concern over his 'disappearance' and herein his well being, guy exhibits strange behaviour, whereby he resumes regular posting on the forum and continues to ignore her existence - as if nothing ever happened.

Now, let's just assume that the guy does possess something closely resemblant to that of a heart and a conscience. Considering that he could have saved them both the stress by throwing the girl off trail with any excuse in the book, why on earth would he choose to ignore her?

Please shed some light as to why a guy would act like this?

A penny for your thoughts,
    thanks!
    <3 sliz

I applaud the delivery of the message and encourage the other party to add to the drama.

Please shed some light as to why a guy would act like this?
    He wanted to get in your pants.
    He did.
    The chase was over.
    He panics and PUTS HIS HANDS IN HIS EARS LAALAALAALAALAA

edit: I meant to say "fingers in his ears", but what the hell, he might have enormous ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
      He wanted to get in your pants.
      He did.
      The chase was over.
      He panics and PUTS HIS HANDS IN HIS EARS LAALAALAALAALAA
      This, especially the last part.
      Seems like a lot of playing for a small amount of return though. I'd normally go back for seconds or thirds before I stonewalled them

Comment

He might not like confrontation and thinks its easier to just ignore.
        Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Dude wanted to fuck you, so dude did what he had to?

Fairly straight up.

Also, I'm pretty happy to get in on this at page 1. Fiving in advance.

**edit: Dinner and shagging you isn't a committment. You want more? Maybe he doesn't. Life sucks sometimes eh? Carry on with it.

Are you wanting to shame him a little as well? Doesn't this kind of bullshit usually live in The Kitchen?
          such comment
          wow
          many post

Comment

Bit of advice:

If you're a girl.

- Ignore the shit out of the guy after you bone him and he'll probably make his way back to you if you weren't horrible in the sack.
            - Harass him and he'll be all smug "she wants me baed" like, and won't make an effort until you stop talking to him.
            - Starting a thread about him will probably just inflate his ego even more.

Comment

I really want whoever this champ is to just wander into the thread and own it. Be loud and proud "Yup, hit it, quit it. Deal with it."

Then put sunglasses on and have a video montage with lots of high-fives.

What I'm really saying is that this was a really bad idea and you clearly knew the answer before posting up.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

Here's where things went wrong
                Guy meets girl on a forum
                . Here's where things may have turned out ok
                Guy meets girl at pub
                -

Comment

Maybe he is in what is supposed to be a committed relationship with someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                    Here's where things went wrong . Here's where things may have turned out ok
                    What went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                      I really want whoever this champ is to just wander into the thread and own it. Be loud and proud "Yup, hit it, quit it. Deal with it."

Then put sunglasses on and have a video montage with lots of high-fives.

What I'm really saying is that this was a really bad idea and you clearly knew the answer before posting up.

fixed.
                      Can you help with foster care?
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

he is totally in love with you but obviously doesn't want to show it.

follow him everywhere he goes. watch him whilst he sleeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                          **edit: Dinner and shagging you isn't a committment. You want more? Maybe he doesn't. Life sucks sometimes eh? Carry on with it.

Are you wanting to shame him a little as well? Doesn't this kind of bullshit usually live in The Kitchen?
                          This kind of bullshit might normally belong in the kitchen. I'll remind you that the 'intention' of this thread was to seek the male perspective. To imply that I would like to shame the guy is highly presumptuous, Cam.

Also, who said I wanted more?

My point is being made on principle, in terms of basic human engagement, communication and common courtesy.

Comment

He has been scarce as he was busy carving another notch in the bed post
                            It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Definitely poor form to eat and run.
                              Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Working...
                              X