Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFWTK Sex Addiction, Is It A Genuine Disorder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFWTK Sex Addiction, Is It A Genuine Disorder?

So is sex addiction a realistic excuse when the missus catches you playing away from home?

Watch Insight on SBS in five minutes, could be interesting.

Is an Addiction like any other. Makes you feel good at the time and fills in a need for intimacy and being wanted.
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

From what I'm hearing on SBS, intimacy has little to do with it.

Personally I think it's baloney, it has not been recognised by medical authorities anywhere.

Paging [MENTION=7864]Sventek[/MENTION]

Comment

Well there goes that theory. LOL
        What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed in some of the contributors, the 'sex therapist' sounds like a snake oil salesman.

Comment

Yes
            But like any other addiction it CAN be controlled

no excuse for playing away from home imho?
            yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

:fap: alot that fixes my sex addiction............ oh hang on maybe it doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                From what I'm hearing on SBS, intimacy has little to do with it.

Personally I think it's baloney, it has not been recognised by medical authorities anywhere.

Paging [MENTION=7864]Sventek[/MENTION]
                It's not an officially recognised diagnosis in the American tome - the DSM5. However, there is a diagnosis of Excessive Sexual Drive in the ICD-10 (the European/Australian diagnostic classification system). In that system, it's called satyriasis when men have it, and nymphomania when women have it. In my experience, though, I've found it to be better explained by something else (such as Bipolar Disorder) - but I'd be happy to diagnose it if I couldn't find that better explanation.
                "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Will continue this discussion tomorrow, Mrs frt has enticed me to bed with her wicked ways.

Unfortunately it's one of those "I just want a cuddle" nights.

Comment

Will continue this discussion tomorrow, Mrs frt has enticed me to bed with her wicked ways.

That is Wicked of her.

Any hot chicks out there want to help get me into the addiction category. Mrs won't play the game often enough to call it an addiction
                    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

There's a blue pill that you can take for that...
                      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

I think I could class myself into the addicted category... Considering my drive has not diminished (if anything has gotten stronger) in the last 20 years... I'm sure my death will be the result of some form of embolism. Or gun shot wound.
                        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

excuse
                          No.

Control your fucking penis. You are a man, not an ape.

If you can't do that, don't be in a relationship where "playing away from home" is forbidden, and be open about it.

Deceiving your partner in that way is just unacceptable.
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I'm addicted to sex, but I can live with the reality my other-half isn't.

I tend to think if you want sex with more than one person be open and honest about it with your other-half or stay single.
                            Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                            Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

When I think of sex addiction I don't think of people who desperately need sex all the time, I think of those sexual predators who claim that when they need sex they can't hold back, they just completely lose control and will just go out and get it from the first person they find.. Maybe I just watch too much tv and crime shows

Comment

Working...
                              X