Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is your bike made and is it reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is your bike made and is it reliable?

Pretty self-explanatory poll really. I want to see how the stereotypes play out in real life.
    I have a reliable british bike
    12.99%
    I have a reliable western european bike
    16.88%
    I have a reliable russian bike
    1.30%
    I have a reliable japanese bike
    44.16%
    I have a reliable korean bike
    5.19%
    I have a reliable chinese/taiwanese etc bike
    2.60%
    I have a reliable american bike
    2.60%
    I have an unreliable british bike
    2.60%
    I have an unreliable western european bike
    1.30%
    I have an unreliable russian bike
    1.30%
    I have an unreliable japanese bike
    2.60%
    I have an unreliable korean bike
    1.30%
    I have an unreliable chinese/taiwanese etc bike
    1.30%
    I have an unreliable american bike
    3.90%
    Originally posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

where is nobodys biz but mine
    National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Where is the 'I have a reliable Thai-built Japanese-designed bike'?

Comment

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
        where is nobodys biz but mine
        Red X up top.

edit: I managed to post this before realising that it was a public poll. That's a little weird. My bad.
        Last edited by Maxo; 07-10-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I have and western european designed bike with some parts made in india and a dozen other different countries and another with a chinese made , japanese designed and assembled with swedish forks and shock and other bits made in several other countries...

Are they reliable? I do maintain them both well, but thrash the absolute shit out of them when I ride them... that is exactly why I have these bikes. Have they broken? yep! would anyone elses bike break under the same punishment? probably.

The whole Idea of this thread really makes no sense...

Comment

Just for the sake of a poll I guess??

I have Gixxer's and a Honda, not sure where they come from, I just rocked up to a shop and bought them

Comment

re·li·a·ble

Consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
              Been happy with all my Japanese bikes.

Comment

Have stood at roadsides next to broken bikes 4 times in my life:

1. Bimota SB6-R (and it was one of the Suzuki made bits that failed)
                2. Ducati 848 (organic Australian part forgot to turn lights off lights so it ran out of electricity in about 8 minutes)
                3. Ducati 848, again (ran out of electricity, again, this time an Italian part broke)
                4. Aprilia RS250 (organic Australian bit on top of it forgot to put the fuel tap to 'reserve')

Same Aprilia is currently leaking various fluids all over floor of storage thanks to aftermarket American hoses.

Where do I vote for the reliability of the Australian bit that keeps screwing with otherwise functioning motorcycles?

Comment

is Italy western Europe?

i thort is was southern ?

anyway ,i know dukes are not supposed to be reliable so i wont say ive got one

98823k's.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

They say ducati's reliably break down, so I guess mine is unreliable..
                    Originally posted by Desmo
                    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Demand the Italian region specific should be included!;" I Izz having a reliable latee taxi bella manifatureerooed inna da Italia!" (Best flossie accent)
                      and My konishuwa Japaneze machine breaks down after smokin screeming 15000km @ full revs, so issa notta dependablia!

Comment

Bologna, Reliable.
                        Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Couple of Italians here and they've never failed to start...

Maybe not on the same day or with all the same parts but they always start
                          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

1 of my bikes designed . hand made in Netherlands

Comment

Originally posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
                              Pretty self-explanatory poll really. I want to see how the stereotypes play out in real life.
                              unfortunately, the poll results won't tell you what you're trying to find out (because it's voluntary and not a big sample size for some bikes).

Comment

Working...
                              X