JWTK: Cops wasting time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWTK: Cops wasting time.

Alright, Kid you not, just had 2 cops knock on my door worried that my car would be stolen.

The car has led strips under the arches flashing red and blue. Apparently this attracts attention of theives. So much so that they would warn me. (amongst other things of being illegal and not allowed to be red / blue as only they are allowed those colours blah blah blah). Car is currently parked in the driveway in front of my house.

So anyone else had cops completely wasting time?

Yeah because I know if I was a thief, I'd steal a car that has clearly illegal, police attracting flashy leds on it in preference to something less conspicuous...

Yes, had one sticker me for a pipe, boost gauge and various other shiny things. All permitted the next day...

They're like birds. They see shiny things or coloured objects and lose their shit and have to investigate/sticker/etc it.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

They should of arrested or very least tazered you for having fucking stupid lights on ur car.
      Actually, where do u live? I'm gonna come throw stones at you!
      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
        They should of arrested or very least tazered you for having fucking stupid lights on ur car.
        Actually, where do u live? I'm gonna come throw stones at you!
        Bertram, Its a love or hate (We are not talking full underbody in your face shit, Just behind the wheel arches)

Comment

I might be stating the bleeding obvious but just in case it hasn't dawned on you yet...you do realise that they were just checking you out because you drive around in an unroadworthy vehicle, right?

Coloured led lights, ok not my thing but to each their own. But flashing red and blue ones? You're either extremely foolish or deliberately trying to antagonise the police. Either way it's silly.

Comment

Originally posted by J1NXD View Post
            Alright, Kid you not, just had 2 cops knock on my door worried that my car would be stolen.

The car has led strips under the arches flashing red and blue. Apparently this attracts attention of theives. So much so that they would warn me. (amongst other things of being illegal and not allowed to be red / blue as only they are allowed those colours blah blah blah). Car is currently parked in the driveway in front of my house.

So anyone else had cops completely wasting time?
            And they are 100% correct in what they said.

Emergency services are the only people allowed to use red and blue lights.

And yes it would attract thieves because thieves are mostly opportunist dumb bastards, who can't think between crack fixes.
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I have looked up the regulations after they stopped by, will be making them legal today, (purple should be ok right) before the car sees the road.

However, does this mean that if you sit your bike in the driveway with a Fe that they will come knock on your door to let you know?

Yes I understand that the colour choice may not have been the best, but to drive past, do a U turn, come back, sit for a minute out front, then inspect over the car before walking up to the door. Did they really have nothing better to do last night?

Comment

I think you've hit on it with
                .......nothing better to do....
                Look at it from their point of view - they have a quota to fill (or - I dunno, they lose their doughnut ration or something) and there were no little old ladies on pushbikes or other prey around to harass ............ it was coming to the end of their shift and,well, they were desperate?

Your car must have appeared a godsend to them .. no wonder they did a smart u-ey and thundered back to your place.

Moral is, they have none - in future DON'T leave something like that in plain view (and don't let your granny out at night, with or without pushbike ^_^)
                yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Your lucky you didn't get a yellow sticker.
                  "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                    Can they if it is in your own driveway?

Comment

Can they if it is in your own driveway?
                      Only if they saw you take it on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                        Only if they saw you take it on the road.
                        Nah, I don't think they have to.

If the vehicle is registered, then it has the capability of being taken on the road, and therefor they can issue a sticker for it while it is in your driveway.

Comment

Given that there are Some People out there that Like to Pretend they are the Police for various Devious reasons. Don't forget that some dude got his car Impounded by a Couple of Thieves claiming to be Cops and left in the middle of nowhere to other week

There is a Very good chance that, someone has Noted you/your car driving around with your "Led strips" going and Tipped off the Police. If I was you, I would Remove/Change them ASAP. Yellow sticker's are a Pin in the Ass
                          Rules are for the Obedience of Fools and the Guidance of Wise men. Douglas Bader.

Only two things are Infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.

Three can keep a Secret, if Two of them are Dead. Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

Post pics or ur car
                            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

I have looked up the regulations after they stopped by, will be making them legal today, (purple should be ok right) before the car sees the road.

However, does this mean that if you sit your bike in the driveway with a Fe that they will come knock on your door to let you know?

Yes I understand that the colour choice may not have been the best, but to drive past, do a U turn, come back, sit for a minute out front, then inspect over the car before walking up to the door. Did they really have nothing better to do last night?
                              Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                              Driving round with flashing red and blue lights? Nah, you're lucky you didn't get done for impersonating a police officer.

Comment

Working...
                              X