Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB WTK- Braces VS Invisalign. Anyone had an experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB WTK- Braces VS Invisalign. Anyone had an experience?

Yes, as the title suggests, was wondering if anyone has had or knows someone that has used Invisalign as a means of teeth straightening?

I was looking into options recently. My teeth were ok growing up but now those pesky Wisdom teeth have come through and have slowly started crowding everything up front. I've looked up some reviews but nothing has really helped me draw a conclusion

Braces are a proven method but you have the obvious aesthetic downside. Invisalign is less visible and can be removed if necessary, but some people complain of less than perfect results and having to spend some time with braces after Invisalign treatment.

But yeah, was just wanting some opinions from first hand experience! Not sure how common they are..

Incase you've never heard of it... Invisalign - Teeth straightening with clear, nearly invisible braces

I know of people that are happy with their Invisalign treatment.

It's not suitable for everyone though apparently. If your fangs are way out to start with then braces are probably the only option.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
      I know of people that are happy with their Invisalign treatment.

It's not suitable for everyone though apparently. If your fangs are way out to start with then braces are probably the only option.
      I've had a consultation and was told I could go down either path. But yeah I've heard braces will do the job quicker and cost a couple of grand less. Do you know how long they had the Invisalign in for?

Comment

My sister has had the invisaligns for a few months now. She will need them for two years in total and has to replace them every 2-3 weeks and each replacement is slightly different etc. She hasn't had any trouble with them but has to make sure she cleans them after each meal.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaBee View Post
          Do you know how long they had the Invisalign in for?
          Unsure hey. Beauty of them is that most people don't even know you have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
            Unsure hey. Beauty of them is that most people don't even know you have them.
            Yeah that's definitely a big selling point for me.

Comment

How times have changed, one of my friend's daughters can't wait to get braces, as both her older sisters had them. They can bling them up quite a bit now though.
              Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Could you elect to have your Wisdom teeth out to stop the overcrowding?

Have also had a couple friends go with Invisalign and while it is probably less intrusive appearance wise, it is more costly and takes longer. Most of them have to wear a retainer to bed and all that kind of stuff aswell (not that it is either hard, or a big deal I guess), even when they've finished.

Comment

Ms boeman has braces.

They straighten me out pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty32 View Post
                    Could you elect to have your Wisdom teeth out to stop the overcrowding?

Have also had a couple friends go with Invisalign and while it is probably less intrusive appearance wise, it is more costly and takes longer. Most of them have to wear a retainer to bed and all that kind of stuff aswell (not that it is either hard, or a big deal I guess), even when they've finished.
                    Apparently I don't need the Wisdom's out because i've got a huge gob with plenty of room for activities Things just need spacing out.

I think you wear a retainer for the rest of your life with either option.. kinda not ideal but they say the teeth will eventually move again if they're not kept in place with a retainer every night.

Comment

I worked for an ortho for about 4 years (dental technician by trade). I only remember maybe 1 person who didn't have braces or some form of additional peice to get there teeth perfect, and lets face it, for the money you pay, you want perfect.

Braces will do a better job, faster, for less money everytime. Oh and wear the fucking plates or your teeth keep moving after treatment.
                      Originally posted by Lefty
                      Leave the OP alone, he's worried about all those extra CCs getting caught up in his fucking dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie09 View Post
                        Braces will do a better job, faster, for less money everytime. Oh and wear the fucking plates or your teeth keep moving after treatment.
                        Eep, yes ma'am! With that in mind, do you think it's worthwhile shopping around for a good price? I've been quoted about 7k for regular braces or a bit over 9k for Invisalign.. and HBF covers bugger all.. I think they said about $1500. Seems a good smile isn't cheap!

Comment

Eep, yes ma'am! With that in mind, do you think it's worthwhile shopping around for a good price? I've been quoted about 7k for regular braces or a bit over 9k for Invisalign.. and HBF covers bugger all.. I think they said about $1500. Seems a good smile isn't cheap!
                          To a point yes. Invisalign won't vary too much it's been about the same for the last 5 years. Pretty sure they dictate prices to the orthos much like apple does to its suppliers. The braces option will vary according to the orthos treatment plan, but they should be relatively consistent with methodology (wisdom removal, treatment period, etc) as there is only so many variations you can have with an adult. Obviously each dentist has his preferred supply of braces like mechanics have their preferred supplier of oils and parts, and this is usually where the prices will vary the most. Find out the benefits of each, some faster acting, diff materials etc. my brackets (square bits that sit on the teeth) were tooth coloured and the wires were clear, so everything was less metal mouthy. I used to know more but shit changes overtime so my knowledge probably wouldn't be current.
                          Are you a NOR or SOR?
                          Originally posted by Lefty
                          Leave the OP alone, he's worried about all those extra CCs getting caught up in his fucking dress.

Comment

Apparently I don't need the Wisdom's out because i've got a huge gob with plenty of room for activities
                            Are you male or female?

Comment

Sorry Desmo, male. Was referring to dental activities. Upon re read I do sound like a cock gobbler..

I'm SOR atm. My dentist is in Freo. Thanks for the info though Blondie. I guess slugging it out with the braces is probably the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X