What kind of egg is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of egg is this?

Found some eggs about 300mm inside a large mulch pile which is close to a lake.
    They were where the leaves etc were quite moist and not warm at all... the eggs themselves felt quite cool to touch, elongated and about 30mm x 20mm.
    The pile was being removed so I have one at home and have tried to replicate where I found it.
    I'm thinking reptillian??

[IMG][/IMG]
    faster ya go closer to nirvana

Snake?
    Originally posted by Canada
    Even if I was interested in vagina I'd probably be looking for something a little bit stronger... I don't go for sissies

Comment

Could be a native feral chicken.

Or some other form of protected fauna. Tortoise or water bird?

Comment

That's an unhatched egg. Judging by the photo I would say that is was recently laid by a Vernier caliper.
        "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it," she once said, "unless I'm thirsty."
        Madame Lilly Bollinger

Comment

Kinder surprise egg, you won't know what you get til it hatches...
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

reptile eggs are softer like leather
            bird eggs are hard
            Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

long neck turtle, grew up around western suburban lakes , we used to keep and eye on them, and if we were lucky we got to watch them hatching

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

firstly, what were you doing shoving something 300mm in a large mulch pile near a lake???
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

The scambilable kind.
                  My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

300mm or 30mm?

300mm is a foot long.
                    massive bloody egg...

EDIT - just realised you meant they were found 300mm inside the pile.

Comment

Two things to note:

a) Some eggs need to be not disturbed (rolled or rotated) as it can kill the embryo inside it. Example a fertilized chicken egg, days 1-18 is ok.....after that a No. The oil from your skin can block the pores in the shell, so make sure you wash your hands first.
                      b) ANY eggs found Could potentially be from a Protected Species of Bird or Reptile.....the Fines are Very Hefty ($4000). Safe to assume that from the OP, you found them on your property (I hope), they are newly Laid (by the colour) but they aren't from a Bird.....so if your near a Lake, it could be a Tortoise OR worst still a SNAKE. Put a LED torch under one to Silhouette it, you might get a better idea.....and good luck if it's a Snake.
                      Rules are for the Obedience of Fools and the Guidance of Wise men. Douglas Bader.

Only two things are Infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.

Three can keep a Secret, if Two of them are Dead. Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

dinosaur egg.
                        2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                        2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                        2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                        2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                        2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                        2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

unhelpful comment.

edit: i mean my comment is unhelpful.
                          Last edited by Tic; 05-12-2013, 12:32 PM.
                          A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

funny though.
                            lighten up.

Comment

any ducks in the lake?
                              Originally posted by Desmogod
                              Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

Working...
                              X