FWTK Wedding spots around Perth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWTK Wedding spots around Perth.

Good morning Brethren, I find myself getting a married in about 64 days and was wondering if any one might know of a nice/quirky wedding spot a bit different from the park/beach type places?

I like the idea of somewhere in the hills with views over the city, should anyone know a great being spot that would be fantastic.

Many thanks in advance.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
    So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    –Mark Twain

I imagine this would be an option for you given your criteria

:: Lakeside Country Resort ::

Comment

Hrmm.. budget and other requirements of the venue please.

You've left it awfully late to book a 'venue', but tell us more about what you're wanting, number of folks, style of event (I'm guessing casual) and we may be able to pull up more suggestions.

Getting hitched at the Belltower myself at the end of March, it's really quite nice up there with views of the river (and surprisingly cheap) if that's up your alley at all.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

Friends of mine had a very casual wedding up at Bells Rapids, low key few guests and spectacular photo back drops.
        Just do it. Seriously, if you look up the standing rules of PSB it goes something like this.

1. Dont be a dick
        2. Desmo is allowed to be a dick (sometimes)
        3. Buy the one with the most Duke
        4. Dont ask about fixing the search function.
        etc etc..

Comment

We got married on a boat in Mosman Bay at twilight followed by a river cruise.
          Obviously restricts the number of guests ( we had 45 ) but that's not always a bad thing.

Comment

i guess I'm after a low key type affair. This is our second time around for both of us, so we don't intend to do the "big expensive wedding" So casual, relaxed, and some wherewith nice views maybe . Will be just a few family and close friends this time, Having the reception at home around the pool, some great ideas so far thank you

- - - Updated - - -

The bell-tower ? hmm I like the sound of that.
            “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
            So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
            –Mark Twain

Comment

Kings park, Find a nice bit of grass over looking the city. Winning
              Just do it. Seriously, if you look up the standing rules of PSB it goes something like this.

1. Dont be a dick
              2. Desmo is allowed to be a dick (sometimes)
              3. Buy the one with the most Duke
              4. Dont ask about fixing the search function.
              etc etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Flintstone View Post
                The bell-tower ? hmm I like the sound of that.
                There is an observation deck up top, really lovely. Space for around 90 people. It's also cheaper than paying to use a public park near the city, which stunned me.

Some friends of ours are attending a wedding next month taking place on a family property in the hills, they are then all camping on the property for the reception.
                Love the idea, budget friendly, totally left field and will put folks in a casual frame of mind to enjoy themselves.

There are some nice spots by the rapids also as folks have mentioned. Darlington Estate Winery has some lovely grounds (but the food, if I'm being honest, is dreadful), the folks at Core Cider have some nice grounds also.

Is there any place in particular that's special to you both maybe? Whatever you do find mate, my best wishes to you both and I'm sure you'll have a grand time.
                such comment
                wow
                many post

Comment

No preference from the bride to be? or is she choosing the same as you?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                    No preference from the bride to be? or is she choosing the same as you?
                    I thought [MENTION=32469]Flintstone[/MENTION] was the bride to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                      I thought Flintstone was the bride to be...
                      mmm since when has Flinstone been a female?

Oh well, if he is then, what thoughts has the other half come up with?

No friends or rellies have a nice back yeard?

I like the idea of Bell's Rapids, you'd need to talk to the City of Swan to get permission I would think

Comment

I hear the registry offie has pretty good views....seriously.
                        euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

The house ground thats start with B (name escapes me) on Gt Northern Highway near the West Swan Road intersection
                          Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

Seriously, 90 people Mr rexington? Wow. Did not have a clue!

Dunsborough wedding co is an ex racers business, along side kuste kombis. Have some pretty nice looking kombis and even a very classy old jag. If you are looking at options, it could be another to consider.
                            The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

John Oldman Park (opposite Mounts Bay Hospital) has a nice rock feature wall, and a bridge over a pond, makes for some quite nice photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X