GCWTK Wasps :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCWTK Wasps :(

Just wondering if anyone has any experience removing wasps nests and can give me some tips?
    I have a lot of wasps nests around my place and have told the kids, leave them alone and they won't bother you. Well, I'm wrong
    The little buggers have decided to sting me, every chance they get and as they have set up under the fence capping, out the back, I can't get to the clothes line or storage room.
    I know to go for them at night, cover everything I can and run like hell.
    Does anyone know if the hot, soapy water in a high pressure sprayer works or do I have to use poison?

I would leave them if I could but I can't risk them stinging the boys
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

I go in at night with a red light and spray the fark out of the nest with mortein. All the fuckers die, then I smash the nest. As soon as they try and build another one I just repeat the process.
    Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Comment

call a pest controller

Comment

At $220 to remove them, I'm going to give it a go myself.

I'm ok to do it but I want to know exactly what I do and don't do first

Comment

I had a wasp problem, best thing was the wasp killer spray from bunnings. Has a long range sprayer, sneak up and hit them from about 3-4m away, instant death. They wont repopulate the old nests.
            'Tis easier to ask forgiveness, than it is to get permission..

Comment

Awesome, thank you. I am a bit nervous about getting so close to them

Comment

Fly spray and a lighter. Go in at night all covert and nuke those fuckers.

Comment

Get a can of Citronella Outdoor Fogger.
                  That stuff wrecks them.
                  I've just had to clear out several good size nests under a substation, worked perfectly.

Comment

[MENTION=27398]Gothchick[/MENTION]

We just had a weekend of not using our backyard/pool until night time.

I called the Kalamunda Shire as I thought the wasps we had were European, turned out they were paper wasps.

I called the Beeman, who came out on Sunday @ 730am, removed 28 nests & took them away, sprayed the entire property & charged $120.

I don't have his number at work, though if you can't wait, contact the Kalmunda Shire for his details. I think he's based in Kelmscott or somewhere close, but had no issue turning up on time on a Sunday morning, used effective materials & fixed our wasp problem.

Comment

Beeman - Bee & Wasp Removals - Kewdale, WA - Yellow PagesĀ®

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
                        Fly spray and a lighter. Go in at night all covert and nuke those fuckers.
                        When I first glanced at your post, I read, 'Go in at night all covert and nude....'

I was thinking WTF? Didn't say anything about that on the Internet lol

Thanks [MENTION=14027]sporti[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7104]Desmo[/MENTION] for the link. I'm on it

Comment

I used a lump of 4 x 2 jarrah...

Followed by 3 tubes of Stingoze...

Comment

I used to just use a can of oneshot mortein stuff and a tennis racket to swat them away.

Also hose it all down later with high pressure to get rid of the nest.

Live on the edge and do it in the middle of the day.
                            A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

I remember my husband accidently dislodging a nest while cutting down a tree, a few years ago
                              Came racing inside, with them following him and stings all over him

Maybe that be why I am a little chickenshit

Comment

Working...
                              X