Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWTK - Freight Time From Usa To Australia By Sea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWTK - Freight Time From Usa To Australia By Sea.

Looking at bringing a "package" from Miami to Australia, Its about the size of a motorcycle.

Will be looking at ocean freight to minimize cost, Anyone every had anything shipped via sea from the the US ?

Whats the rough time for travel ?

Cheers
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

We use a mob called shipporter who sail out of LA. They've been good to us, but it's about 5 weeks from LA to Brisbane, then another 10 days to Bunbury (as a rule).
    www.hurtlegear.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Hurtlegear View Post
      We use a mob called shipporter who sail out of LA. They've been good to us, but it's about 5 weeks from LA to Brisbane, then another 10 days to Bunbury (as a rule).
      How does the product handle the salt from the sea leg?
      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Fuk a 'package' from Miami to Australia!

Is it Spics or Ekkys?

In my best Horatio impersonation "Drugs disguised like a motorcycle, that'll sure take you on a ride".

You could try this mob Sea Freight - International Shipping however I am sure there are plenty that do this.

Comment

It'd be your suppliers responsibility to crate the thing well enough to not feel it, I'd imagine, but these guys are consolidators, so it all goes in a container, and the boxes I've had, have never shown any indication of having been wet, salty, sun damaged or anything else I could note. They've clearly been through a bunch of hands by the time I get them, and paperwork/ con notes etc have been stamped over, ripped off, re inserted.

It does raise the question of having someone pack it for you properly at the other end. I discussed bringing in a bike with them, and he'll do it, but he'll demand that the paperwork is right.
          www.hurtlegear.com.au

Comment

We do this sort of thing daily at work. Assume 70 days worst case, 1 week either end getting through ports, then 8 weeks sailing with a few stops along the way (usually transshipped via Singapore, avoid Malaysia, it's slower).
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Usually takes us 5-6 weeks to get paint pumps out from Graco in the US. Just for comparison we quoted to send a line marker to NZ it about half the weight of a bike but close to same size. Airfreight was gonna be $2000
              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Not an expert in this department but depending on how much of a hurry you are in it might be worth road or railing it to a west cost port and then sticking it on a boat, from Miami you'll need to go through the Panama or Suez Canal. At any rate you'll probably find it will go via either Singapore or Hong Kong and transferred between ships at that time.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by kapyong View Post
                  Fuk a 'package' from Miami to Australia!

Is it Spics or Ekkys?
                  Yeah I was thinking that's a lot of Crystal Meth

Or maybe it's the remains of Don Johnson?
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

All wrong,

Meth is cheap and easy to make.

It's heroin.

Comment

Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post
                      All wrong,

Meth is cheap and easy to make.

It's heroin.
                      Correct on the meth, wrong on the heroine. It wouldn't make sense for heroine (production areas are in Afghanistan and Burma) to come from the USA. I'd say cocaine.

Comment

I dont bother importing coke,

Just cut some teething powder in, It still numbs the gums and gives that placebo affect.

easy money

Comment

Working...
                        X