Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R...WTK Who have you used to ship heavy things from the USA, like a motor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R...WTK Who have you used to ship heavy things from the USA, like a motor...

So, I've found a spare motor at the right price, the only problem is getting a sensible cost to ship it to Australia...

Tell me your stories good or bad...

Who you used, how much, approx weight and size of the package you got sent...

Thanks in advance...

Got me my zx6r motor in 3 days door to door was bout $600 ish
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Yep got my CBR600RR engine including shipping for $1600 all up. Postage was around $600 but the ebay seller chose the courier so I cant remember who it was unfortunately
      Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
      Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Shipito.com will ship heavy items if you've used them a few times before. Had a bulky 50kg CRT monitor shipped for just under $500.

Comment

I used fremantle customs brokers to ship from the states a 1974 Rickman KAwasaki plus a couple boxes of spares.

They were really good.
          The bike was not crated, so they handled it well with it only gaining one scratch on the exhaust.

They ship over cars in the containers and always have a little space left in those containers.
          I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but they were very good and in the end i got ebay peeps to send my stuff to them so it would come in cheaper.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks mate...

Will try them...

Comment

don't use DHL cost $600 for new motor from USA to perth airport in 3 days,

then came all the extra duties and taxes they could think of and they know you want your goods so you will have to pay

cost another $675ish dollars from perth airport to attadale and that took 10 days
              Stewie: Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Comment

They are expensive...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to sea freight it, time is not important, cost is...

Trying some freight forwarders local to where I'm getting the motor from...

Comment

Just found his details in an old PSB thread...

Bill Famlonga.
                  He is still in the import business. (As of 2010)

Give him a call on 9331 8445.

Tell him Neil sent you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                    Shipito.com will ship heavy items if you've used them a few times before. Had a bulky 50kg CRT monitor shipped for just under $500.
                    good to know as I use them a lot for other crap
                    sigpic

Comment

I use a mob called ship porter, Shipping to Australia from USA . Based in Melbourne, ship from California to Brisbane, but quote me from California to Bunbury, the last section being overland. Takes about 5 weeks California to Brisbane, a week through customs and maybe 8 days across the country. I might get say, 16 boxes totalling 250kg, but fairly bulky, and the cost might be $600ish Aud. That doesn't allow for GST obviously and customs might open and check my gear. Guy's name is Warwick.
                      www.hurtlegear.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmybadger View Post
                        then came all the extra duties and taxes they could think of and they know you want your goods so you will have to pay

That's not DHL, that's customs.
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          If I can find the invoice will stick up for you to see, there was charges for customs and taxes but most were surcharges because the box need 2 people to move and extra fuel charge due to its size its a full page of listings,

I think customs was like $120 and $70 in gst
                          Stewie: Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            Nah, DHL are total thundercunts when it comes to putting their hands out. Been caught by them before. Same with one of the domestic couriers, getting slugged fees for re-delivery when I was home all day and a bunch of other stuff that is usually (and should be) just included in the initial shipping cost.
                            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Do it with someone in Freo Rich. Port charges. Freo is the cheapest port in Oz, in and out.
                              They charge by the m3.
                              Brisbane, Sydney and Melb are frightening.
                              My bike out of Freo to NZ, $1000.00 and back to Freo $1000.00
                              I considered an east coast port so I could ride it back, and thought it would be cheaper! Ha! $1800.00 to Bris from Auckland and it got worst as you moved south.

Comment

Working...
                              X