No announcement yet.

Mr Pell - poster child for paedophiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Pell - poster child for paedophiles?

seems to me that first the church invented Satan, then it became him

I know Jesus is reputed to have said "Suffer little children .... ", but surely he didn't mean that to be taken literally by clerics looking for an excuse to bugger altar boys?

discuss?

George Pell tells inquiry he took claims from victims' groups 'with a grain of salt' | World news | theguardian.com
    yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Things he said makes my blood boil and how does church get away with it is beyond my understanding
    And also why does this government allows it to get away
    Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
    remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
    Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
    Who died while defending his right of way;
    He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

The issue is that the Catholic church has hundreds of thousands of voters in it - the government doesnt want to condemn the whole organisation for the fact that individual people are at fault, especially when doing so could lose elections. Similarly - it is not every person in the management of the catholic church that should be penalized for this, so the result of this commission is hopefully that the people that are responsible see the appropriate punishment.

I can imagine that when this first came out the management were quite shocked and didn't believe it was possible that such a large amount of cases had occurred and thought that some people may have been making it up - especially when compensation was available. Not giving any excuses for their actions, just saying that I understand human nature...

FWIW - I hope they do get all the preists etc that have done the crimes, and the people that have knowingly covered it up. If Pell is one of them - then yep put him away. Although chances are that if he is suspected and charged he will stay in the Vatican like many other sheltered war criminals, pedophiles and others wanted by various police institutions around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post

I can imagine that when this first came out the management were quite shocked and didn't believe it was possible
        You can't be serious.
        Crimen Sollicitationis - Secular Freedom

The crimen sollicitationis document is commonly referenced as being written in 1962.
        Wikipedia reports it was, in fact, written in 1922!!!!

The suggestion that catholic hierarchy were not aware of this behaviour is a little implausible imo.

Crimen sollicitationis (Latin: crime of solicitation) is the title of a 1962 document ("Instruction") of the Holy Office codifying procedures to be followed in cases of priests or bishops of the Catholic Church accused of having used the sacrament of Penance to make sexual advances to penitents.[2][3]

It repeated, with additions, the contents of an identically named instruction issued in 1922 by the same office.[2][4]

The 1962 document, approved by Pope John XXIII and signed by Cardinal Alfredo Ottaviani, Secretary of the Holy Office, was addressed to "all Patriarchs, Archbishops, Bishops and other Local Ordinaries, including those of Eastern Rite". It gave specific instructions on how to carry out the rules in the Code of Canon Law:[5] on dealing with such cases, and directed that the same procedures be used when dealing with denunciations of homosexual, paedophile or zoophile behaviour by clerics.

Crimen sollicitationis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pell will never leave the vatican now.....
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

It seems to me any damn religion is as barbaric as the other. And each one points the finger at the others saying the others are the devils.

Us Atheists have better moral than most "holier than thou" Snogglers.

I still fancy a young lad in grey flannel shorts though!

Comment

It's easy to pigeon hole the Catholic Church, Boy Scout leaders etc.

Not defending them for one minute but you will find the biggest perpetrators of child sexual abuse are family and friends.

Stop looking for an easy target and open your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
              Not defending them for one minute but you will find the biggest perpetrators of child sexual abuse are family and friends.

Stop looking for an easy target and open your eyes.

I'm commenting only about a scion of the Catholic Church attempting to defend the indefensible from his Vatican hidey hole - as per today's news.

Pse hold your fire until the topic is "general child abuse"?
              yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Originally posted by mstriumph View Post

I'm commenting only about a scion of the Catholic Church attempting to defend the indefensible from his Vatican hidey hole - as per today's news.

Pse hold your fire until the topic is "general child abuse"?
                Fairy Nuff, it justs irritates me that the high profile cases make the news when it is closer to home than most people think.

Comment

Hope I never meet a Vatican truck driver.
                  Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mekon View Post
                    Hope I never meet a Vatican truck driver.
                    I've heard the Vatican parcel contractors are a strange bunch...

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                      I've heard the Vatican parcel contractors are a strange bunch...
                      Sick fucks...
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by peter600 View Post
                        You can't be serious.
                        Crimen Sollicitationis - Secular Freedom

The crimen sollicitationis document is commonly referenced as being written in 1962.
                        Wikipedia reports it was, in fact, written in 1922!!!!

The suggestion that catholic hierarchy were not aware of this behaviour is a little implausible imo.

Crimen sollicitationis (Latin: crime of solicitation) is the title of a 1962 document ("Instruction") of the Holy Office codifying procedures to be followed in cases of priests or bishops of the Catholic Church accused of having used the sacrament of Penance to make sexual advances to penitents.[2][3]

It repeated, with additions, the contents of an identically named instruction issued in 1922 by the same office.[2][4]

The 1962 document, approved by Pope John XXIII and signed by Cardinal Alfredo Ottaviani, Secretary of the Holy Office, was addressed to "all Patriarchs, Archbishops, Bishops and other Local Ordinaries, including those of Eastern Rite". It gave specific instructions on how to carry out the rules in the Code of Canon Law:[5] on dealing with such cases, and directed that the same procedures be used when dealing with denunciations of homosexual, paedophile or zoophile behaviour by clerics.

Crimen sollicitationis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pell will never leave the vatican now.....
                        I think they would have been aware of it - but may have been shocked at the scale of it in Australia

Comment

So has George Pell been a very naughty boy?
                          George Pell subject of Victoria Police investigation into multiple allegations of sexual abuse

Comment

I must confess the schadenfreude will be strong in me for this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post
                              I must confess the schadenfreude will be strong in me for this one...
                              If found guilty, will his testimony at the recent case still stand?
                              Of course, being overseas and supposedly too ill to fly, he won't have to face the music here... and given his age and health condition, unlikely to serve much, if any time? That is, if found guilty.

Comment

Working...
                              X