Mr Pell - poster child for paedophiles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boeman View Post
    Comment from the judge saying that his sentence factored in that Pell should be able to live his final days out int the community made me pretty angry.

On the plus side, I reckon the "community" might hold a welcome party.

The location of said party I propose being Pell's face, with the guest list involving only bricks.
    Nice thought but it will Abbott's, Howard's or Bolt's and will likely be on the taxpayer.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Honestly, I thought he wouldn’t get 5.
      Did anyone really believe he would get 15?
      He has influential friends.
      I’d lay money down the Vatican has a few bucks less in the bank now as any Catholic influential person in this country would have received a ‘gift’ to make a phone call or/and have a lunch with the Judge.
      I wonder which educational institute will be attended by his kids or grandkids?

Comment

• For real punishment they have probably arranged for him to do his years at a Juvenile Prison as a inmate spiritual adviser.

Comment

• Originally posted by boeman View Post
          Comment from the judge saying that his sentence factored in that Pell should be able to live his final days out int the community made me pretty angry.
          Agree, 100%. Just rewarding the old fuck for not getting caught in a timely fashion. What a fucking joke

Comment

• Originally posted by chew View Post
            "But the George Pell I have known is a very fine man indeed." - Tony Abbott

When asked about that statement in the report by 3AW's Neil Mitchell, Mr Abbott said he hadn't seen the evidence before the committee or read the report, but that "he is, in my judgment, a fine human being and a great churchman.

"Is he perfect?" Mr Abbott asked. "Has he handled every issue perfectly? Of course not." - Tony Abbott

Tony Abbott, described the George Pell verdict as “devastating … for the friends of Cardinal Pell”.

The former prime minister John Howard has described Cardinal George Pell as “a person of both high intelligence and exemplary character” and says that his conviction on child sexual abuse charges doesn’t “alter my opinion of the Cardinal” in a character reference.
            What Abbott said is true...it would be devastating for friends of the Cardinal..

And I kind of like the fact his friends are sticking by him....will have a different opinion if they stick by him if his appeal is unsuccessful. (Which I doubt due to his many friends in high places)

But it is worrying that Abbott has opinions but doesn't actually read the evidence..oh hang on...this is the climate change skeptic we are talking about.

Comment

Working...
            X