Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BWTK - Gamers, tell me which console to get!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWTK - Gamers, tell me which console to get!

Okay so I'm expecting a heated debate here! I'm not a gamer, never have been (cos I suck, and the whole hand/eye co-ordination ain't my forte) but after [poorly] playing some GTA V in the states a few months ago and having a 6 day weekend with no plans, I've decided I might go buy some gaming crap tomorrow.

So, xbox, PS, PC, name your poison please, tell me why it's the best and why I should get it. Oh, and tell me what games I should get.

I know the question "What kind of games?" is probably going to be asked and I honestly don't know. I really liked GTA, because, well, getting to beat the shit out of people and stab them and all sorts of good stuff made the real world slightly more tolerable...

Right now I confess I have a wii and really only use it to play DK, Super Mario Bros and Mariokart, which I don't mind, but I'm sad because I can't get any further in DK or Super Mario (because I'm incompetent LOL) so figure games that don't require l337 5k1ll5 are probably more up my alley. Oh, and anything with good music (metal or dubstep) will appeal greatly to me. I used to be obsessed with Ingress too, so anything with real interaction with other people will also be good, I think.

Kgo. ^_^
    AKA Lady Jonas

I kinda enjoyed playing Postal 2. This guy sums it up well but it's an oldie

Comment

"Ride", has just been released, I saw it for PS4 but I don't know if it's on XBone or PC.

Comment

I advocate for PS3 becuase I have been through 2 360's in half the time I have had the ps3.

Plus the OS on Xbox is a steaming pile of turd. PS3 is fast, efficent and very simple.

Check out the PS3 Im selling in my moving Overseas thread. Make an offer if you like, and you can come get it today if you want it.
        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

http://www.techradar.com/au/news/gam...tter-1127315/1

It's tied either way at the moment which is 'better', so it's all personal choice. I play online multiplayer a lot so I'm going with an xbox one for my birthday, but that is influenced by all my friends having xbox ones too. Xbox live has always been better than PSN (even if you have to pay), so if that's your thing then go for it. All the big titles are on both consoles, but PS4 has a few more exclusives right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BikeRider View Post
          "Ride", has just been released, I saw it for PS4 but I don't know if it's on XBone or PC.
          It's not worth buying, not a single motard was included
          Rest in Peace

Comment

PC

cause steam sales
            Originally posted by DailyBanana
            That little girl likes her pizza more than you like people

Comment

Buy Redfern's shit.
              Heaps of games for the PS3 and if you're not a gamer and get bored, then you've not spent a wad of cash on something with minimal resale.

Comment

If you like online gaming do xbox. As psn is always down

Comment

Originally posted by HAGG!S View Post
                  If you like online gaming do xbox. As psn is always down
                  No it's not. Hasn't been down in quite a while
                  PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Stinky View Post
                    No it's not. Hasn't been down in quite a while
                    It's been down more than Xbl. And it didn't get hacked end of the day the xbox is the only thing Microsoft has got right for a long time.

My votes for that.

Comment

Been down just as many times as each other. Xbox has been hacked plenty.
                      PSN is also free to play.
                      PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

That's why the service is shit. As with most things in life you get what you pay for.

Comment

Xbox costs $6.60 per month to play (last time I checked). If I go for a ride, I have to spend $10 to fill my bike up. I ride my bike more than once a month, so when I look the price of XBL like that it really is a tiny amount of money for something that brings me more than $6 worth of happiness. Obviously if you're not using it often then there's no point buying it, but I wouldn't be dropping $400-$500 on a games console if I wasn't planning on using it
                          Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                            Xbox costs $6.60 per month to play (last time I checked). If I go for a ride, I have to spend $10 to fill my bike up. I ride my bike more than once a month, so when I look the price of XBL like that it really is a tiny amount of money for something that brings me more than $6 worth of happiness. Obviously if you're not using it often then there's no point buying it, but I wouldn't be dropping $400-$500 on a games console if I wasn't planning on using it
                            True but OP has stated she is not much of a gamer so that may be a factor for her
                            PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

It's personal Preference, either ps or xbox, I may pay to check what games you can get for a particular console, some are xbox only some are PS only and some you can get for both,
                              K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

Working...
                              X