BarfyWTK - birthday party venues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BarfyWTK - birthday party venues

So early next year I need to arrange a birthday party for a good friend hitting a milestone and some other guy getting really old. And no way am I letting PSB anywhere near my joint, so I'll need somewhere else.

Dates are somewhat flexible, but I'm thinking a Saturday night late Feb / early March.

Not interested in a pub or restaurant where people are locked into $12 pints and $25 burgers. more like sporting clubs or halls for hire.

Requirements:
    - Roomy venue with a view and chill out space
    - People can bring their own booze to keep costs down (or have a bar with decent pricing and range for snobs like me).
    - Fairly central so travel isn’t a giant hassle
    - Parking for those who want to drive
    - No idea about food… most likely have it catered or just call for a hundred pizzas, so needs to be open to this.

Somebody put me onto Mt Eliza House in Kings Park, which has a large gazebo area and plenty of grass. But they only do corporate gigs these days.

So PSB brains trust, where would you want to go on a hot summers day to drink away your sorrows celebrate getting really old
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Check the yacht clubs? if you looking for a central location.
    Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
    Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

The best 50th party I been to was on a double decker bus , was great fun , Just keep moving all night .

Comment

That place on the Swan that the xmas party and bikini wash was on?
        yes, i am ignorant
        yes, i am a prick
        no, i don't care
        you make me sick

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
          Somebody put me onto Mt Eliza House in Kings Park, which has a large gazebo area and plenty of grass. But they only do corporate gigs these days.
          Just had a work function there. You're not missing out on much, nothing special or memorable about the venue in the slightest.

Comment

Mosman Park Bowls Club? Decent sized venue, great view, fairly cheap beer.

Disclaimer: my work Xmas party was there last year and I was smashed off my face at the end.

Comment

I was also going to suggest a bowls club. Osb park is a pretty big one.

Comment

Bowling clubs are awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

or go to the Doll House and leave your bike at my place, I'll, er, look after it for you.
                -

Comment

Yep I have been to a few shindigs at the Scarborough Sportsmans Club.

Great venue, can have a game of bowls out the front, plenty of parking (and buses running to Stirling train station) and the beers are very cheap.

Also gives everyone the option of walking distance pre/post drinks.

Comment

Mt Lawley bowls club is great, just behind the Astor. Went to a birthday party there years ago and had a blast.

Comment

Scarborough Beach surf life saving club, kinda central I guess
                      Here lies the body of Harold Day
                      He knew it was his right of way.
                      He was right, dead right, as he rode along
                      But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

I'd soon die than give them any money.

Comment

Lawn Bowls clubs as suggested earlier. Usually good locations, cheap booze and food and you get to roll a few ends once buzzed.

Comment

Last month I went to a 30th at the Lake Monger Bowls club.
                            Perfect size for a party, hilariously cheap beer (3.00 Swan Black which is apparently still a thing) and full use of the BBQ facilities. Because its tucked away from any surrounding houses, there are no noise issues either.
                            I can't remember how much the hire was, but it was something around the 200 buck mark.
                            Can you help with foster care?
                            http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

This is good and sounding exactly along the lines of what I was thinking of and stuff and it's all good now I just need to talk to the other person and see what they like and what they want it could be something else but I don't know until I ask them and see what they want and how many people should be invited hopefully should be a big PSB crowd.
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X