Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LWTK - How to be Vindictive from Afar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Gippo View Post

    Personally I would lawyer up and persue it correctly but each to their own.

    This is what i'd realistically do, either that or just write off the $1k as a lesson in being careful regarding dealing with arseholes from the other side of the country. Just think - it could be worse, you could have signed a contract at this point and been on the hook.

    Think carefully: is this worth it? If you DO decide to proceed with legal action against him regarding the original fuck around, will shit you do possibly compromise your situation with that? Will it enable his lawyer to use it to paint you as an asshole and make you less likely to succeed with THAT?

    Once you start taking out fake ads and things like that you're flirting with things like defamation (again, even if its true, doesn't necessarily mean fighting it in court will be fun) or other possible potholes that his lawyer could make your life difficult with. After all, he doesn't need to be legally in the clear to fuck you back. He just needs to make it expensive for you. IIRC you mention ferrari, etc. in the OP. Sounds like he has the means.

    So. Stuff like using his phone number whenever you need to fill out details for some random free shit: yes
    Doing stuff that can be personally traced back to you (or lead to possible retributive legal action): no.

    2c.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
      i was looking for a car recently...
      i found that when clicking the button to find out dealer info about cars on carsales, that i was 100% fucking inundated with dealers calling, sms'ing, etc from first thing AM the next day. phone fuckin blew up from maybe just 10-15 car enquiries?

      and the cunts are persistent, if i missed a call - like if i was on another call to a different fucking dealer, they call back, usually several times.

      so glad I didn't enquire about every single one of the hundreds of cars I found mildly interesting
      I'd reckon that these days every car salesman is so damn desperate to get a sale that they'll keep chasing anything resembling a possibility.
      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

      My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by thro View Post
        This is what i'd realistically do, either that or just write off the $1k as a lesson in being careful regarding dealing with arseholes from the other side of the country. Just think - it could be worse, you could have signed a contract at this point and been on the hook.

        Think carefully: is this worth it? If you DO decide to proceed with legal action against him regarding the original fuck around, will shit you do possibly compromise your situation with that? Will it enable his lawyer to use it to paint you as an asshole and make you less likely to succeed with THAT?

        Once you start taking out fake ads and things like that you're flirting with things like defamation (again, even if its true, doesn't necessarily mean fighting it in court will be fun) or other possible potholes that his lawyer could make your life difficult with. After all, he doesn't need to be legally in the clear to fuck you back. He just needs to make it expensive for you. IIRC you mention ferrari, etc. in the OP. Sounds like he has the means.

        So. Stuff like using his phone number whenever you need to fill out details for some random free shit: yes
        Doing stuff that can be personally traced back to you (or lead to possible retributive legal action): no.

        2c.
        It is good to see you back.

        To be clear, the advertisments that I listed weren't "fake", they were very acutely and factually worded. Essentially he was selling another collection of cars through Gumtree and I posted an advert with the same heading and photos detailing my experience with the seller. When that one was taken down I posted ads seeking the very specific car the seller had committed to me, identifying him first specifically and then generally. Both were taken down... but he should be stuck with his other cars for a while longer now.

        I've spoken to a lawyer at Graeme A Ryan and Associates. Terrific bloke, gave me a very straight-up answer and direction to take. Yes, I have cause to demand the out-of-pocket expenses and the right to recover the costs legally. Due to the value involved he has suggested I D.I.Y. it through the Magistrates Court of Western Australia, which I now intend to do.

        This will be my third D.I.Y. case, so hopefully it will break the tie in my favour. I have the benefit of lots of correspondence in writing so there shouldn't be any issues with the other party being able to lie in order to save their skin this time around.

        Feeling better about things already. Thanks PSB
        Click Link for My Bikes:

        Aprilia RS250
        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Kristy View Post
          Yes this has stopped me in my tracks looking for a new car. Clever little ploy. It's fucking harrassment. I looked for signage in the background of the car's pic so i didn't have to have them call me back to tell me the location. When looking for my last car I got hassled out by the same guy about 5 times despite me telling him i wasn't interested in the car after knowing it was extreme NOR.
          Pro tip... well experienced amateur tip... ok ok just something i worked out...

          If the ad is on carsales from a dealer, scroll to the very bottom of the page where you wouldn't expect to find anything of interest and you'll find the dealer name and licence number as legally required.
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

          when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Pro tip... well experienced amateur tip... ok ok just something i worked out...

            If the ad is on carsales from a dealer, scroll to the very bottom of the page where you wouldn't expect to find anything of interest and you'll find the dealer name and licence number as legally required.
            The sneaky buggers....I just used to try and figure out the dealer from the background of the photos... an entertaining challenge on a slow work day
            Ryan

            Originally posted by Aufitt
            Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by filbert View Post
              If the ad is on carsales from a dealer, scroll to the very bottom of the page where you wouldn't expect to find anything of interest and you'll find the dealer name and licence number as legally required.
              Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
              The sneaky buggers....I just used to try and figure out the dealer from the background of the photos... an entertaining challenge on a slow work day
              Yeah, this is a condition of using the carsales / bikesales website; all advertising a dealer submits (both text and pictures) must not include any indication as to which dealer the advertisement is for - it's to stop buyers & dealers going around the *sales website.

              Comment


              • #37
                Lodged the claim:

                Costs for flights
                Taxi fares
                Parking
                Lost earnings
                Vehicle Inspection

                All up, $2,380 plus court costs. Makes it worthwhile.
                Click Link for My Bikes:

                Aprilia RS250
                1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Benzo View Post
                  Yeah, this is a condition of using the carsales / bikesales website; all advertising a dealer submits (both text and pictures) must not include any indication as to which dealer the advertisement is for - it's to stop buyers & dealers going around the *sales website.
                  As always it pays to read the fine print it seems!
                  Ryan

                  Originally posted by Aufitt
                  Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                    Yes this has stopped me in my tracks looking for a new car. Clever little ploy. It's fucking harrassment. I looked for signage in the background of the car's pic so i didn't have to have them call me back to tell me the location. When looking for my last car I got hassled out by the same guy about 5 times despite me telling him i wasn't interested in the car after knowing it was extreme NOR.
                    Put the cunt on hold for a few hours...or my favourite... ask them to speak up because you are hard of hearing then tell them to stop shouting at you.

                    Loud... send numerous requests for info on vehicles on carsales use his phone number.
                    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I find the most tenacious fuckers to be life insurance sales and their infernal auto-dialers. I'm currently getting multiple calls a day from private numbers, and the one time I did answer to scream at them, no cunt picked up the call.
                      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        How to be vindictive from afar, well my advice is dont rush things, playing the obvious hand and peak too soon because if it goes nowhere ( getting money from greeks) you will only get more angry. theres possibly many years of running this particular cunt around for lols, especially if you got their measure on the interweb.

                        Fake ad resonses here, protracted bargaining over weeks to knowhere there, getting them to meet you at a location and not showing up. Possibilities are only limited by your vindictiveness and free time.

                        You gotta run the long game. Run the long game.
                        I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality


                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                          I find the most tenacious fuckers to be life insurance sales and their infernal auto-dialers. I'm currently getting multiple calls a day from private numbers, and the one time I did answer to scream at them, no cunt picked up the call.
                          Not Real Insurance is it? We filled out an online form to get a quote on Life Ins a few years back and then shortly after suddenly being inundated with calls on our landline who never answered or left a message on the answering machine Ended up doing a search online after getting the number off the phone and found out off one of these cpmplaints forums that it was RI but not one of their normal numbers Had to go onto their site and request removal from their phone list which they have to do by law or you can get them hammered by the ACCC

                          Obviously they hide the numbers to make it harder, just can't work out why the fuck no one answers if they are that desperate to sell insurance


                          Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                          You gotta run the long game. Run the long game.
                          100% this ^^
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                          98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            You gotta run the long game. Run the long game.
                            Cliche or truism?
                            Revenge is a dish best served cold...
                            The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
                            G T

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              You in Perth Loud?

                              http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-2...-chase/8475672
                              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Vindictive from afar, should have never posted this up here. Procured illegal rifle, gone out to middle of nowhere, honed your shooting. Traveled to him, shot him in the head from something less than afar but not quite up close and personal. Then melted down said rifle and bleached all other evidence.

                                Kidding...
                                Originally posted by Abuse this
                                Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X