GWTK - Using your car for advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWTK - Using your car for advertising

Does anyone have any experience in getting paid by companies like openads.com.au to advertise products or businesses on your car??

Pros/cons??
    How does affect your insurance?
    Is the actual pay what the websites claim?
    Other points to consider?

G

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

first time ive heard of it.
    seems dodgy.

wonder what the minimum kms per month is.
    Originally posted by Paraletic
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

I wonder if there's indemnity clauses that prohibit the advertiser from fining you for shitty behaviour and brand defamation...

Sounds like a hair brained, doomed to fail scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
        I wonder if there's indemnity clauses that prohibit the advertiser from fining you for shitty behaviour and brand defamation...

Sounds like a hair brained, doomed to fail scheme.
        I bet there's clauses that cover them but not you

I'd also be checking whether your insurance covers you for business purposes as it's likely it doesn't We had issues at work where we were being asked to use our own vehicles when work vehicles weren't available and some people found out their insurance didn't cover them as it was classified as commercial use
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I remember a while back when they had those smart car advertising scheme...
          rang them up and asked about whats involved.

- you buy the car "subsidised" by the company
          - you pay for your own fuel
          - car gets serviced "discounted"
          - you will need to specify where you will drive during or after business hours. add: you will need to meet certain quota on where and how often/long you will need to drive the car during certain hours
          - you will need to park the car in a visible area during business hours (hourly road side parking vs whole day in door car park; outdoor whole day parking will need to be in a "visible" spot)
          - Encouraged to park car outside along your home street to increase visibility.

overall.... too much hassle.... and my wife (then gf) would have been too embarrassed to be seen with me
          "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Gotta be better ways to earn money.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
              Gotta be better ways to earn money.
              Yeah but my looks arent what they used to be

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post
                I remember a while back when they had those smart car advertising scheme...
                rang them up and asked about whats involved.

- you buy the car "subsidised" by the company
                - you pay for your own fuel
                - car gets serviced "discounted"
                - you will need to specify where you will drive during or after business hours. add: you will need to meet certain quota on where and how often/long you will need to drive the car during certain hours
                - you will need to park the car in a visible area during business hours (hourly road side parking vs whole day in door car park; outdoor whole day parking will need to be in a "visible" spot)
                - Encouraged to park car outside along your home street to increase visibility.

overall.... too much hassle.... and my wife (then gf) would have been too embarrassed to be seen with me [emoji38]
                These are some of the things i wanted to know if anyone had actually done it. I dont have a problem with doing it myself but it was questions around the insurance and registration side i was interested in. You could make this as complicated or as simple as you like. And im guessing a bit like Uber, its all good until something actually goes wrong.

Comment

I think it would be equally as important to find out what you need to do with mr tax man also, because the payments would be very traceable and it would appear as income. does that mean you can claim expenses and depreciation, would you need to keep a log book?
                  I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Working...
                  X